RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a member who would like to handle writing descriptions of "Warriors of the Month". As you all have noticed, the WOM of the contest has gone from a highly visible monthly occurrence to something that has fell to the wayside.

If you are interested in helping, and meet the below criteria, please contact me.

[*]You would hopefully be creative & literate
[*]Passion for the Warrior and the customizations done by others
[*]Being handy with Photoshop (or similar) would be a plus
[*]Familiar with Blogging a big plus
[/list]

I am hoping to have all past Warrior of the Month's rewritten so they get the respect they deserve! I am hoping to see descriptions at least a couple paragraphs in length.

Thanks,
CarKnee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,695 Posts
Carknee, I think that I'd be able to take this on. I'd like to help out after all of the great years that I've had on the site, I also believe quite strongly in the concept of WOTM. I like to think that I am creative and (somewhat) literate and I certainly have a passion for the Warrior and customising. Sadly I don't meet your last two qualification criteria, I am hopeless with photoshop and have never written a word of Blog in my life but am willing to learn.

Your last point regarding the previous WOTM winners presents a pretty daunting task but not insurmountable. I counted 47 previous winners, many of whom have now left the site. It would probably take quite a few months to get fully back up to speed.

What the ****, throw my name in the pot and if nobody else comes forward then I'm your man, as long as folks would understand my strange English accent that is [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Hey Brit, why did I know I would get you? lol. I was going to put "American English"... I am sure you can handle leaving the 'u' out of favourite! lol.

This doesn't have to be limited to a single person. I realize it is to much for one person; hence I haven't done it /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

I will work on getting some spreadsheets put together and maybe a team can work this out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,695 Posts
quote:Originally posted by test

Hey Brit, why did I know I would get you? lol. I was going to put "American English"... I am sure you can handle leaving the 'u' out of favourite! lol.

This doesn't have to be limited to a single person. I realize it is to much for one person; hence I haven't done it /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

I will work on getting some spreadsheets put together and maybe a team can work this out.


You just plain sucked me right in didn't you Sean, [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] LOL. Looks like a few of us can put something useful together. I'll start to put some text together for the most recent winners first and will email it up to you so that you can confirm whether it is the type of short article that you are after. I'll try to 'Americanize' it for y'all [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] LOL.

As an afterthought, we didn't have any voting for WOTM for Dec 07, do you plan on a double vote this month for both Dec & Jan?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ArizonaWarrior

I'll be happy to provide verbal support, plus a bit of photoshopping (Elements 4.0). Maybe we can enlist Akitadog to do some photoshopping too. Heck I'll be happy to support the team in case Brit has to sneak off and blow up a bridge for work (ouch!).



"Verbal support"!? I'm sure we could get a lot verbal support from the forum whether asked for or not in some cases. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I can lend a hand in PhotoShop if needed, but I too am no expert. I only have version 7.

BTW Thanks Mike! j/k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I'm willing to help w/ the creative writing if still needed... Found this site when I bought "Lucy" about a year ago and have been a big fan ever since. I'm not a computer genius but I have basic skills, as well as a great deal of professional writing experience. Let me know if I can be of any help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
I can help with the writing, too if you'd like. I have 2 degrees in English, so sumtimz i kin rit purtee gud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
You should hire a wine reviewer! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

The "Classico"
Reviewed by C. Peltworthy, rswarrior staff

Abundant with fine balance, supple grace and immediate race-worthiness are the constants in this Classico design. The berry-cherry & spice color accents and citrusy chrome accents fold easily into the silky notes and the tuned Perfect Install extend the smooth finish. Among its favorite matches are silky-eyed blondes, risotto with porcini or a night on the town. Points: Pleasant enough for a pleasing finish, to be stored or raced now.

4 stars
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ArizonaWarrior


[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
Dave you are HIRED!!!!


+1

Made me want to go home and drink my Warrior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
I would do it but I can't spell, I can't post pictures and I don't know what a blog is. If it wasn't for that I would be all over it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
quote:Originally posted by daveinoregon

You should hire a wine reviewer! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

The "Classico"
Reviewed by C. Peltworthy, rswarrior staff

Abundant with fine balance, supple grace and immediate race-worthiness are the constants in this Classico design. The berry-cherry & spice color accents and citrusy chrome accents fold easily into the silky notes and the tuned Perfect Install extend the smooth finish. Among its favorite matches are silky-eyed blondes, risotto with porcini or a night on the town. Points: Pleasant enough for a pleasing finish, to be stored or raced now.

4 stars



Too funny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mr_Noize



quote:Originally posted by daveinoregon

You should hire a wine reviewer! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

The "Classico"
Reviewed by C. Peltworthy, rswarrior staff

Abundant with fine balance, supple grace and immediate race-worthiness are the constants in this Classico design. The berry-cherry & spice color accents and citrusy chrome accents fold easily into the silky notes and the tuned Perfect Install extend the smooth finish. Among its favorite matches are silky-eyed blondes, risotto with porcini or a night on the town. Points: Pleasant enough for a pleasing finish, to be stored or raced now.

4 stars



Too funny


Wine reviews are silly and all I did was take a few and throw in Warrior references to make it funny, so I can't take any credit at all - Wine reviews are just naturally goofy so very easy to write!

Now a beer review - I'd take that seriously [^]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
quote:Originally posted by daveinoregon

Now a beer review - I'd take that seriously [^]

OK I nominate Dave to do a monthly beer review.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Tomasa

quote:Originally posted by daveinoregon

Now a beer review - I'd take that seriously [^]

OK I nominate Dave to do a monthly beer review.


There's a lot of guys here that would take that job! [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
But only a few from the right country, you know the one that realy has beer...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top