RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just was wondering. Kind of scary if you ask me. I leaving for Daytona in a week and I'm thinking about renting a bike and sueing Yamaha for the rental.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I would guess a majority are riding. But you have legitimate concerns and not riding is probably the wisest decision. But since I've never been considered wise... (wise-guy doesn't count either)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went to the Yamaha dealer to see about a trade-in for a new Roadstar Silverado Midnight. Best they could do is a $6K trade difference. Too much for me and the Midnight was the only bike I would consider trading-in on. Talked to a lawyer buddy of mine who said to me that Yamaha would be responsible for any damages caused by the recall, but not for other(can't recall the term)damages such as rental charges. And it would be up to the lawyers to determine what a "resonable" amount of time is. Sounds like the argument ala Clinton on what the meaning of "is" is.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I'm riding, if anybody saw the pieces of crap I rode over the past 32 years, they'd know why I can't let this one just sit there doing nothing. I'll bet most of the crap I rode on in the first several years of riding were more unsafe at any speed than the warrior is even if the tranny were to lock up

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I bought an FZ-1 to ride while I figure out what to do with the Warrior. I'll probably ride that the majority of the time until I either get the Warrior fixed, sell it or both.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

Hopefully I'll be riding mine with a bunch of other "wise guys" in two weeks. **** ya!

Amen, brother. [^]

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I was told by my service manager where i take my bike that it's safe to ride. He basically said that lawyers got to the roadstars and then it spilled over into the warriors.... he explained that yamaha hasn't had a warrior fail yet. doesn't carknee or dark have like 15 thousand on theirs? Somebody does..... but either way IM riding.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I did 300 mi. yesterday 70+ degrees sunney weather. and im riden to Daytona in a week.(if it dont lock up)

TRex[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts