RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a way to carry some clean socks and underwear for long weekends or packing my lunch for work without carrying a hot backpack. I'm interested in trying a tailbag like the Chicane Summit bag. Anybody used anything like this? Any recommendations?

http://www.chicaneusa.com/summit.htm#

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Buy the Hooker and put it under your rear seat. then just use a cargo net to carry lunch to work, and on trips use the same cargo net to strap down a bag with clothes in it. You'll come away way cheaper than buying a purpose built bag IMO.

Edit:
Here's the link for a site selling the hooker in case you wondered what it looked like. I've had mine on since day one and it's never moved or done anything it wasn't supposed to do.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=0&manufacturer_ID=45&product_ID=7181&sblid_name=Willie___Max_The_Hooker_

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I've used one by Nelson Rigg and currently use a "Luggage Locker" on my FZ1. I like the Luggage Locker because there are no external straps to mar the paint. It has a "pocket" that the tail of the seat fits into, and a velcro band that goes under the seat. Hangs on really nice and holds more than enough for a single person's weekend outing.

I like using a tail bag when it is just me going for an overnight or weekend jaunt. More than that, I go with saddlebags.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
I've got a backpack like the highschool kids wear I use it as a tank bag with the top part at the front of the tank and the waist strap around the frame at the seat. It never moves and is soft so it doesn't scratch the paint. The warrior tank is as wide as a lot of peoples shoulders that is what gave me the idea. At about $20.00 at wal-mart it was worth a shot and it worked.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by tmartine

I have used a Marsee tank bag with magnets that worked well for me.

Are you implying that it's for sale? Pics?

·
Registered
470 Posts
After reading several threads about the Kuryakyn Tombstone bag, I decided to order one. Won't be able to test it for awhile, but reviews are good. Works a lot like a tail bag, but acts like a backrest as well. It's meant to be supported by a sissy bar, but it might work with one of those Hookers and stout bungees.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/category.asp?bn=metric&cn=Racks+%5FBags&page=1

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
quote:Originally posted by The_Cadfather

I've got a backpack like the highschool kids wear I use it as a tank bag with the top part at the front of the tank and the waist strap around the frame at the seat. It never moves and is soft so it doesn't scratch the paint. The warrior tank is as wide as a lot of peoples shoulders that is what gave me the idea.

I use a backpack strapped to the tank as well, 600+ miles the week of Stardays 05 without a scratch

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nelson Rigg- We use the one with the bungie cord tie on system, works great for day trips or weekends. Freind on crotch roclket says the stayt on at 120 mph... lol

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i replaced my rear fender strut bolts with bungee studs (gallery). im useing a tour master tank bag with plastic hooks. i can pack a shirt, jacket, water, extra shades, swiss army knife, butt wipes, check book, flat tire repair kit, cell phone, 1st aid kit ( with all the right drugs) & extra gloves & it acts as a back rest.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
My Chase Harper magnetic tank bag would be perfect for what you want. Deflects an amazing amount of the windblast too. Be sure and use the 'safety strap'. I didn't and had the bag blow up against my chest at 75 mph as a semi went by--scary!! Oh yes, dmtaonline has them for a good price if they're back in business.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I use the Yami mini soft bags. They are big enough for lunch, rain gear and socks and undees. Looks good on the Warrior. See my Gallery. Very easy on and off.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I use one. The wolfman wolfpack, some wolf thing. It's good quality, but just a little too small - can't fit a laptop in it.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
For sheer ease of use I also suggest a magnetic tank bag. I only bought a car two days ago (I gave my car to my son in college and thought I could last until early Winter but I wussed out)

Anyway, when I was without a car I didn't want to run with a rear rack and so I put my Tour Master Coretech tank bag to good use. It handles trips to the grocery store quite nicely - it handles a short case of beer and a big bottle of Clamato juice - Beer and Clamato! I think I'll have one now.

If you get a tank bag be sure to always keep the tank clean before putting it on - but even keeping it clean it seems I've developed little scratches in the tank - little scratches that can be rubbed out I'm sure.

So, this is one more vote for a big tank bag - very little hassle, just throw it on and go. I included a fuzzy picture, you can barely see the bag, but it does hold an amazing amount.

Insert Image:

32.22KB

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Seriously guys before you sink a lot of money into a tank bag check out a school back pack from wally world, usually under $20.00 and mine even matches the bikes colors. After you get off you still have a pack you can tote around on your "well" back. Made sense to me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
For the backpack idea, how do you hook the shoulder staps around the front of the tank, do you cross them, loop them under or...?

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
No need to cross them the tank is as wide as a lot of peoples shoulders, just put it on like the tank is someones back and then secure the waist strap around the frame at the front of the seat. I guess that if you didn't like the way the packs straps held it on you could always just strap them together w/ a bungee. But I have never had a problem with it. I find it secure enough to carry my laptop in without worrying about it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts