RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought a very lightly used Corbin Solo seat and pillion off a member here last year for my '02. I was told by the seller that it was for an '02, and when I got it, the part numbers were correct. Well it didn't fit (its obvious the seat doesn't fit so the seller knew it wouldn't work on my bike either) I eventually figure out that while the front bracket is for the '02 Warrior, the rear bracket is for the later models. Oddly, Corbin has "bracket quality control" that puts a sticker on the bottom of their seats saying "brackets ok". They got this one wrong big time.

To try to resolve this, I emailed Corbin to see what I could do. The first time I was ignored and got no response. The second time I emailed, I got an email just asking where I bought it from. Well, the second I said I wasn't the original owner, they basically ignored me. I asked if I could exchange the wrong bracket for the correct one because with mismatched brackets, it fit NO bikes at all. I even asked if I could buy the bracket and was told they don't provide support for non-original owners.

Screw it. Not only is this the second time I bought a seat for this bike that was advertised to fit and got screwed, this was also my third Corbin that I've purchased for my different bikes. Ignoring a customer over a **** $3 bracket is silly and simply horrid service. I'll probably end up fabbing up my own bracket, otherwise I'm out $350 and I don't take that too lightly.

I'm officially out the Corbin business.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Try calling Corbin up 800-538-7035 and talk to somebody in customer service.

I've always had better luck in talking to people than with e-mails. AND when you show up in person things work out the best. Now I know you can't drive to CA to get a seat fixed, but maybe, a brother thats close by Corbin can stop on by. When Company's find out other people are involved it tends to get them moving in the right direction.

I've done it for members with moderate success.

BTW, I'm not a big fan of Corbin either,I have 3 of their seats and the 1 I bought new and paid full bank was the worst one quality wise.

G

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
They are about a mile from me and when I approached them to make me a custom seat they told me they couldn't even talk to me for about 6 months and expect to pay minimum of $600.
I found a guy that makes seats out of anything in about a week. He built me an ostrich seat with alligator insert for $150.00!

·
Registered
13,084 Posts
Wasn't there a company -I thought it was Corbin- that sold their seats with both brackets? If so, maybe you can find someone who bought a new seat and has an extra bracket you need.

Or, like Tom said, post the bracket you have, and maybe we can figure out the one you need. Maybe we can post a picture of the one you need and then we/you can make one. I have a Corbin DT for a 2002. I can take some measurements for you if that helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't see the pics very well, but if the rear is a flat bar, then yes, thats the one I need.

This is what I have...

This is what I should have gotten...

And this is to prove I have the right part number...

The flat bar would be rather easy to make, but it does have a little ridge on the top side so it may require a bit of welding,...but not sure.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
ok that wasn't the seat it has a flat bracket. It's hard to believe corbin won't sell you the bracket that sucks. For what they charge for seats they should be alittle more helpful. Like 1256 said call them and talk to a person emailing companies is a waste of time.

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Huh, good to know. Bought a Corbin Hollywood solo several years ago for another bike, fit great and is still on the bike. Bummer to know they have poor customer service, but forewarned is forearmed (or whatever that cliche is). I may blacklist them just based on this - they're priced a little dear to take a chance with.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow, i have a friend that just bought a gel seat from saddle man he is having the same problem, no support, never returned a phone call or email after several tries, man that sucks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have really had no problem with the other seats I've owned. I've always thought their seats were superior to anything else I've tried, but as has been said, even secondhand, you STILL pay a premium and that should get you some top-notch support, especially when its their obvious mistake.

I wish I'd known more about the seemingly well known issues with the service previously, but I've resigned to fixing this myself and not looking back. I will stay away from Corbin from now on. I'd say if you bought secondhand and knew the product worked as expected before buying, you shouldn't have much of an issue.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Mike Corbin must have made so much money that that he doesn't care any more. I have two Corbin seats but bought the DualTour off the 4M and bought my YoungGuns through our site sponsor. Thank goodness I did because it had to go back the first time because I could feel the seatframe through the seat because it was so soft.
I am not sure if Corbin bought DDMTuning but it seems they are competing for the most worthless customer service award.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
the previous owner of my bike had bought a corbin seat and wasnt happy with it so he contacted metcruze at dubbo n.s.w aus and got a custom seat made up which i then bought along with the bike. Being that i dont do a lot of two up i rang Gary and got a stilleto seat made up the comfort compared to the stock seat is unbeilevable seats can be viewed at Metcruze Custom Motorbike Seats

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
after reading thru this and all the other corbin bashing threads i am seriously considering starting a motorcycle seat company where i will make great quality seats and offer wonderful customer service and "after the sale support" and im surely to get $$rich$$ :D sounds like better odds than playing the lotto to me :cool:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Just got my new Corbin Hollywood in, and it is perfect! Fits like a glove.. I have only had good dealings with Corbin...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 20 Posts