RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
The street glide frame uses a single square tube backbone where the warrior has 2 tubes which makes it much wider. You'd need to cut up and remake the entire underside of the streetglide tank to fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
That is the "problem" with the Warrior tank having the 2 frame tubes widening out and being secured on the outside of the frame.

Anything is possible but is it worth the money.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The street glide frame uses a single square tube backbone where the warrior has 2 tubes which makes it much wider. You'd need to cut up and remake the entire underside of the streetglide tank to fit.

Talked to one of my bodyshop guys about it said being it's metal he can dollop the tank to fit over the frame. of course would give up about a gallon of gas but it is a 7.2 gallon tank. As much as I love my warrior I hate the double back bone. I thought about the Stryker tank but it's not as wide underneath as ours.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
The Achilles heel of the warrior is the gas tank. Trust me we all dream of having a larger tank. The 100 miles between fill ups suxs. If the sg tank is cheap enough to be expendable I say give it your best shot and let us know. There's going to come a point in time where these tanks are going to become extinct and alternatives will be needed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish the Stryker tank would fit our bikes too. seems to be the closest to frame fitment.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If there was a way of re modelling the reserve tank similar to what is on the VRod might be a better way to go. I know it’s probably easier said than done, but just putting it out there.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
LeaderDuece might be on to something
I look up the Raider frame , and looks almost like the warriors

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If there was a way of re modelling the reserve tank similar to what is on the VRod might be a better way to go. I know it’s probably easier said than done, but just putting it out there.
Yep then could turbo the bike and use the area where the tank used to be for a nice inter cooler set up

·
Premium Member
7,745 Posts
There are some harley tanks that are a double tank with a hose that rins from one to the other. One of these tanks could probably be made to fit the warrior easy enough but you may have to have a custom center console that fits over the gap between the two tanks made as the gap would be wider on the warrior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts