RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 2007 Z1000 Nekkid sport bike for a play bike the wife.
Yeah, it will have to be lowered for her to get both feet on the ground. It looked a little smaller and plus the handlebars are higher and the seat lower. Not as aggressive as a R1, GSXR etc.


Anybody know anybody with one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
Never buy your wife a bike that will run faster then yours. I told you to get her that cute ltittle mean streak that we saw Saturday. I can proabably get that one for a tad under 10k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
My wife saw a Meanstreak at the dealer and loved it. It fit her real nice and would be quite the step up from her little V-Star. I definitely wouldn't have to worry about her outrunning me, that's for sure. Of course, I'd pay practically that much just to get her to keep up with me actually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
i've had a couple of kawasaki zrx's which were great bikes and suspect the z 1000 to be just as great. i like the look and wouldnt mind having one in my toy box to play with when ever the mood strikes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I saw it after I purchased the warrior. I had a slight pang of regret, I loved the white and 'copper' look. I'm not sure the mrs would have been happy with me getting a 1000cc sport bike anyway ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I had a 2003 model for two years, from what I understand the '07 is different only cosmetically. There is a great Z1000 forum at http://www.riderforums.com/.

Great power, would wheelie with ease and hang with/outrun the modern 600cc sportbikes. However it could also be civil if you wanted it to be; that is to say I only scared myself intentionally and not accidentally. But not so tame as to consider it a beginner's bike, you didn't say how much riding experience she had, but if she has much experience I would say she would be OK.

For comfort on longer rides, a new seat would definitely be a must, as well as a taller windscreen. I only got the windscreen and not the seat, as I rarely rode more than a couple of hours at a time (used primarily for commuting and playing around a little). I recommend the bike to all who ask (I have ridden an FZ1 quite a bit and a ZRX a little, both of which are in the naked category).

Sold her for a song because we were about to have our first child and I thought, erroneously, I had to sell the bike because I wouldn't have time for riding anymore/needed the money/would kill myself if I had a bike. Seems that happens to a lot of guys. The only positive was that my next bike was a Warrior!

Though I'd still love to have the Z when I feel like gettin a little crazy

Good luck with your decision

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
trmudford said:
 I had a 2003 model for two years, from what I understand the '07 is different only cosmetically.  There is a great Z1000 forum at http://www.riderforums.com/.

Great power, would wheelie with ease and hang with/outrun the modern 600cc sportbikes.  However it could also be civil if you wanted it to be; that is to say I only scared myself intentionally and not accidentally.  But not so tame as to consider it a beginner's bike, you didn't say how much riding experience she had, but if she has much experience I would say she would be OK.

For comfort on longer rides, a new seat would definitely be a must, as well as a taller windscreen.  I only got the windscreen and not the seat, as I rarely rode more than a couple of hours at a time (used primarily for commuting and playing around a little).  I recommend the bike to all who ask (I have ridden an FZ1 quite a bit and a ZRX a little, both of which are in the naked category).

 Sold her for a song because we were about to have our first child and I thought, erroneously, I had to sell the bike because I wouldn't have time for riding anymore/needed the money/would kill myself if I had a bike.  Seems that happens to a lot of guys.  The only positive was that my next bike was a Warrior!

 Though I'd still love to have the Z when I feel like gettin a little crazy

 Good luck with your decision




 
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
06_warrior said:
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you! Actually my first post was to sell my Elite forward controls, but I don't guess that counts. Been lurking here for awhile (well before I even joined in fact) waiting for the right time and the right bike, which happened about a month ago. I'm lovin it so far!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trmudford said:
Great power, would wheelie with ease and hang with/outrun the modern 600cc sportbikes. However it could also be civil if you wanted it to be; that is to say I only scared myself intentionally and not accidentally. But not so tame as to consider it a beginner's bike, you didn't say how much riding experience she had, but if she has much experience I would say she would be OK.

For comfort on longer rides, a new seat would definitely be a must, as well as a taller windscreen. I only got the windscreen and not the seat, as I rarely rode more than a couple of hours at a time (used primarily for commuting and playing around a little). I recommend the bike to all who ask (I have ridden an FZ1 quite a bit and a ZRX a little, both of which are in the naked category).

Sold her for a song because we were about to have our first child and I thought, erroneously, I had to sell the bike because I wouldn't have time for riding anymore/needed the money/would kill myself if I had a bike. Seems that happens to a lot of guys. The only positive was that my next bike was a Warrior!

Though I'd still love to have the Z when I feel like gettin a little crazy
Found the Ridersforum and joined to lurk over there too. Saw the several posts about the seat and the taller windscreens.


She's been on bikes for about 8-9 years now. She had 3 years in the dirt on an older model xr200. She's had an '02 Vulcan 800 since '02 and has logged about 10K on the bike. She had a car accident about 3 years ago and the spinal fusion back surgery a year ago. Dr told her to wait until this past spring to ride any. So she has not ridden very much in the past three years. She complains about the lack of power to keep up on her Vulcan. So I thought about an upright sitting style bike like the FZ6, SV650, etc. Saw this 2007 Z1000 with 3400 miles at a local dealer for $6300. Hmmm, it's small with the shorter wheelbase and seems to be a smaller frame. The wife is only 5' 2" tall and needs to be able to touch the ground. So i';; shave the seat and add the lowering links for her.


Now, another question. How would a big rider (like me, at 265 lbs) be on this bike.
Just in case I get it and "She doesn't like it"?
I've even thought about a VMax for her.
She can handle the power and speed - she is not an aggressive rider. Although she has been known to twist it up and wave as she flies by everyone that is waiting on her to catch up, on the side of the road.!!!!


So, am I going to look like a fat kid, 10 year old on a tricycle if I ride it???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Sounds like she would be OK on it then. She will not have a problem keeping up at all! (You and the warrior, on the other hand...)

That sounds like a great deal, especially considering it is at a dealership. If she's interested in it and you are ready to buy I wouldn't hesitate too long myself.

I am 5'10", 180 lbs so I don't know if I can tell you whether you would be OK on the bike or not. If you have ridden a true sportbike and feel OK on one of those then you would definitely be OK on the Z. The power to move you will not be a problem either. Have you asked the dealer for a test ride?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trmudford said:
Have you asked the dealer for a test ride?
We'll see on tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
trmudford said:
Sounds like she would be OK on it then. She will not have a problem keeping up at all! (You and the warrior, on the other hand...)

That sounds like a great deal, especially considering it is at a dealership. If she's interested in it and you are ready to buy I wouldn't hesitate too long myself.

I am 5'10", 180 lbs so I don't know if I can tell you whether you would be OK on the bike or not. If you have ridden a true sportbike and feel OK on one of those then you would definitely be OK on the Z. The power to move you will not be a problem either. Have you asked the dealer for a test ride?
Hey and thanks for your input. Welcome to the Warrior World too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,214 Posts
Since we are friends I will, I guess I will ride that when I come up there If and Only if you are nice to me and it's kept full of gas , with good Michellin pilot power tires. But I am very irresponsible when I'm on a sport bike and do plan to ride the piss out of it
Well do we have a DEAL?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
garnerwarrior said:
Since we are friends I will, I guess I will ride that when I come up there If and Only if you are nice to me and it's kept full of gas , with good Michellin pilot power tires. But I am very irresponsible when I'm on a sport bike and do plan to ride the piss out of it
Well do we have a DEAL?
You'll have to ask her!!!! Just don't don't tell her your name or that you are the UPS guy from Raleigh!!! I done talked too much about your craziness and stuff. If she knew who you were - HeII NO! would be her answer.
She knows you're the one with the JEGS sticker tatooed on yer azz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,214 Posts
Kinda figured my chances were slim and none ifin she knew who I was
I'll be that guy that can't even keep up with you, LOL ! Think that will work ?it will if you
Looks like a fun bike for you and Her! Good luck
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top