RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this company came up while I was looking at helmets. Anyone try one? I always do a full face from preference but was curious what anyone thinks. My helmets about 10 years old, bought time for a new one.....

ride safe

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t get out much but my lid is old enough I just wanna get something newer.... this showed up in my Instagram feed. Apparently they were a skateboard snowboard company that had motorcycle lids now... might still check one out.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have neve heard of them, but after a visit to their website I had a couple thoughts.
They're cheap, like inexpensive. Isn't necessarily bad, but I am a little skeptical. Also they're not Snell certified. I dont always wear a helmet and I have a half and a full helmet. If I'm going to put a full helmet on I would want the highest safety rating possible.
They do look cool though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Saw them a few months ago when they were releasing this new helmet. They didn't impress me compared to others that are out there. I've never touched one though.

I'm currently rolling with a Bell Qualifier DLX with the SENA10 on the side. LOVE it. I bought the DLX model as it comes with the transitions lens which was a big plus. I had a big debate between helmets with the dropdown shade vs something with the transition lens. The Bell has a cutout in which the SENA or Cardo units fit directly into it. That's a bonus. I had to buy the additional mount for the Bell but the integration into the helmet is pretty sweet.

My next choice would have been the Shoei GT Air2. Very awesome helmet but expensive but you really can't put a price on safety. Fit is first as most reputable helmets will keep you safe.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I don't know about cheap. I see a bunch of $400 to $600 helmets on their page. I DO see $150 monthly payments listed.

Never used their stuff before. I was hoping to see a moto mag helmet test of their product.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I don't know about cheap. I see a bunch of $400 to $600 helmets on their page. I DO see $150 monthly payments listed.

Never used their stuff before. I was hoping to see a moto mag helmet test of their product.
Well honk my hooter, you're right! I didn't notice that. I just saw the $150 price point.
Terrible marketing if you ask me. I wrote them off because I figured they must be really low end because all I saw was the large print $150 price point. And now that I realize it's different I'm put off because I don't think they clearly marked the price.
A $500 full face helmet really should be Snell certified.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i agree with the marketing being goofy but then again a lot of people don’t care what the price is if they swing the monthly. (That’s wrong to me but not to others). Nothing is calling to me, I ll keep searching but if I crossed one at a dealer I’d at least take a look.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well honk my hooter, you're right! I didn't notice that. I just saw the $150 price point.
Terrible marketing if you ask me. I wrote them off because I figured they must be really low end because all I saw was the large print $150 price point. And now that I realize it's different I'm put off because I don't think they clearly marked the price.
A $500 full face helmet really should be Snell certified.

I totally agree.
They do look cool, but looking cool quickly fades when ones melon has cracked open and oozing down the pavement. Seen this before and it ain't pretty.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I totally agree.
They do look cool, but looking cool quickly fades when ones melon has cracked open and oozing down the pavement. Seen this before and it ain't pretty.
Amen archangel.... I’m less concerned with looks as I am with overall comfort/ safety and wind noise! I have an hjc now that is so **** loud! That’s what started me in for a new helmet in the first place....

·
Registered
276 Posts
@Fishy, go to a store (if you can wait till COVID is over) and try them on or start ordering online (Revzilla has free returns on helmets I believe). Comfort has to be #1 as you'll want to wear it if it fits right. When they say every head is different...they are right. Size varies with each brand also. I went to my local Cycle Gear and tried a few on and I was between sizes. I got the larger one and ordered some bigger cheek pads, fits like a champ now.

Reviews online can be iffy because it's personal feel when it comes to comfort, try them on before you buy. Reviews are good for features and stuff but only you can tell if it feels right. Kinda like buying a pistol of finding a new lady. They may feel right to some people but not everyone.

·
Registered
38 Posts

this company came up while I was looking at helmets. Anyone try one? I always do a full face from preference but was curious what anyone thinks. My helmets about 10 years old, bought time for a new one.....

ride safe
I've seen them all over you tube, good looking helmet. The price seems kind of high; then again how much is your brain worth?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
SHOEI RF1200
And a ICON HELMET...

THE SHOEI AT HIGH SPEEDS NO WIND NOISE N NO WIND BAFFLING...
SUPER LIGHT N COMFORTABLE...

ICON
LOTS OF WIND NOISE N WIND BAFFLING
AND HEAVY N NOT TOO COMFORTABLE

MY PREFERENCE FROM EXPERIENCE THE SHOEI YES IT COST BUT PROTECTION N COMFORT IS WORTH IT TO ME..
ALSO MY SHOEI IS THE SPORT BIKE VERSION....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SHOEI RF1200
And a ICON HELMET...

THE SHOEI AT HIGH SPEEDS NO WIND NOISE N NO WIND BAFFLING...
SUPER LIGHT N COMFORTABLE...

ICON
LOTS OF WIND NOISE N WIND BAFFLING
AND HEAVY N NOT TOO COMFORTABLE

MY PREFERENCE FROM EXPERIENCE THE SHOEI YES IT COST BUT PROTECTION N COMFORT IS WORTH IT TO ME..
ALSO MY SHOEI IS THE SPORT BIKE VERSION....

Well put, though I’m realizing money is different at 40 then at 23 yrs old .... not that I got enough to toss away but 500$ was a lot of money when I was in my 20’s. Especially now 500 is still a lot of money but you drop almost that much every time you walk into Home Depot. Lil more on a well fitting well made helmet would be a great investment.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Absolutely true on the age, income, money to spend saying !

Nevertheless, higher price does not always mean better quality or more protection.
You can get a cheap(er) helmet at a good level. Does not need to be necessarily the high end all the time. I spent some more money on an open face helmet, but I do not really see that worth. Only advantage is the click to close instead of having that double d crap you cannot manage with the gloves. :rolleyes:

Ride safe

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
One reason I Went with the Shoei is cause
It's a one peice mold. And its comfort

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good topic with lots of honest answers. I think when one is looking for a helmet you should spend as much as you feel comfortable doing so. As Archangel has stated the ultimate goal is to protect ones melon and keep its contents intact. In my opinion, DesertBoy and jslavic have given great advice to you. SAFETY and COMFORT come at a price
and that price is different for everyone. I have owned Arai, Shoei and currently Bell Helmets. All are top notch but indeed different in sizing, head shape etc. They are all SNELL and DOT certified and have years of safety track records to base your decision on. Good luck with your search and thanks for starting a great thread. Let us know what you decide and Ride Safe!
Rg

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
The main thing with helmets is to find out what type of melon you have whether it be oval, intermediate or round. Then find brands that cater to that type of head. Then try to hit a brick and mortar and try some lids on.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The main thing with helmets is to find out what type of melon you have whether it be oval, intermediate or round. Then find brands that cater to that type of head. Then try to hit a brick and mortar and try some lids on.
That’s what I’ll do, I got a big dome so the oval shaped helmets usually don’t fit me too well. the one I have now works fine for now but it’s time for a newer one for aesthetics and that freaking wind noise. Also the shield is finicky lol

All great thoughts. Keep u posted if I get out to see some anytime soon. Ride safe folks! I’m also in handlebar hunt mode so I got plenty to look up, be safe folks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts