RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Born and raised, although I live in CO now. If you want to get together for a ride sometime over Memorial Day weekend, I am planning on riding up and hangin with the family up there depending on the condition of the mountain passes that is.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm in Jackson. That's about as close as you may get. I noticed the local I.F. stealer has carried quite a few warriors over the past year or so. You may just have a club started before long.

Greg

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, the route that I was thinking of taking goes up through Alpine. Although I think a **** nice ride would be from Driggs to Jackson. So the I.F. stealer your talking about is Action Motor Sports? I might have tostop in there and take a look when I get into town.

·
Registered
305 Posts
RE: Idaho Falls

I live in Idaho Falls, had my Warrior for about two years now. Good to see someone from I.F. on the site. I've seen a few Warriors in town, but no one else on this site until now.

Finally warming up here, ready to ride again. My wheels are almost ready to get back on the bike, just bought some chrome wheels from Cycle Image. They are up at Rexburg Motorsports right now, awaiting one final part from Yamaha...should be here Monday. I hope to reassemble Wed night

Email me at [email protected] and we'll see if we can meet up for a ride sometime.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Those roads going from Idaho to Wyoming are awesome....hills, twisties....tons o fun!!! One of my favorites is the road from Idaho Falls to Alpine going around Palisades Lake.

Action Motorsports does Victory,Honda, Kawi, and Suzuki. Bott Yamaha in Idaho Falls is the local stealership, but I will go a half hour north to Rexburg for any reason...much better service and pricing. I actually went into Bott to buy a Warrior, had my checkbook in hand and nobody would even say hi to me. Rexburg really took good care of me, I'd recommentd them to anyone.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yep forgot about Bott. Between them and the Articat dealer, they were both a bunch of pricks. Anyhow, I am planning a trip up there this memorial day if the mountain passes are clear up through Rock Springs into Alpine. I do love good ol highway 26 up through Palisades. I grew up about half way in between Swan Valley and Idaho Falls. Used to ride that all the time as a kid with my grandfather. Well I guess I should say was taken on rides through there with my grandfather. He would throw a couple of us on the back of his bike and take us to Alpine for breakfast sometimes. Memories of the good ol days. That area used to be great hunting grounds also, but alot of it has been bought up and is all private property now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, there are a few Warrior riders in IF. It would be great to get together to see each others bikes and mods. One of my favorite rides is up highway 26 to Swan Valley and over Pine Creek Pass to Victor. From Victor over the pass to Jackson and lunch, maybe at Bubba's, great ribs. From Jackson to Alpine and then south to Freedom Wy. and end up at Soda Springs. That is at least four passes and the only boring part of the ride is I-15 to get home.

·
Registered
280 Posts
welder said:
Wow, there are a few Warrior riders in IF. It would be great to get together to see each others bikes and mods. One of my favorite rides is up highway 26 to Swan Valley and over Pine Creek Pass to Victor. From Victor over the pass to Jackson and lunch, maybe at Bubba's, great ribs. From Jackson to Alpine and then south to Freedom Wy. and end up at Soda Springs. That is at least four passes and the only boring part of the ride is I-15 to get home.

Sounds awesome. I will have to hit you guys up for that ride the next time I am in town with the bike. Hoping over Memorial Day.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am going to try and make it back there for Memorial day. Was thinking of going out of IF up highway 20 through Arco and up through Challis and Salmon and back down through Rexburg. Should make for an all day trip. Nice scenery also. Good photo opts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any one going to Beer Fest June 6th at Sandy Downs? There is a bunch of us from Salt Lake that are going to ride up for that. But Iam the only Warrior owner.

·
Registered
251 Posts
BeerFest in IF is a blast. I'll probably be on my other bike (Road Glide) but may be swayed at the possibility of seeing a few more Warriors in the mix. Unfortunately, this year, a group of us will be on a 2500 mile trip across to Oregon, South along the Coast of California and back. Well, maybe not unfortunately. ;-) We'll miss the BeerFest this year though. We leave out on Friday the 5th of June. And yes, the stealer I spoke of was Bott. My friend here in Jackson Hole, just worked a pretty good deal with them on a Road Star Silverado S. He picked it up Wednesday and was nothing but complimentary on the guys there. He said no Warriors on the floor this year. I know they had at least three this time last year. Somebody wound up with those bikes. It's only a matter of time before you see them.

Here in Jackson Hole, a husband and wife moved in last Summer with matching Warriors. His customized, hers made into a quazi-cruiser complete with shield and bags. I have seen his and it is pretty tricked. No longer the only guy in Jackson with a Warrior. Oh well.

Greg

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
lostwarrior said:
Those roads going from Idaho to Wyoming are awesome....hills, twisties....tons o fun!!! One of my favorites is the road from Idaho Falls to Alpine going around Palisades Lake.

I rode that rout last spring, coming out of Soda Springs into Wyoming to Jackson Hole. Came back out of JH past Palisades Lake to Rexburg. Nice ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts