RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really ran it through gears today...power shifting....believe I saw the tach in the red area briefly between gears....... can that hurt?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The Warrior is one of the few bikes that can hit the rev limiter in all gears. The rev limiter kicks in around 5200 rpm, good for about 125 mph.

As for hurting the engine, eventually, sustained high rpm use will wear out the engine faster. In the short term, probably not.

There are many Warrior riders flogging their bikes daily. Me included. Just ride the thing and have fun. I doubt it will break.

TJ

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm always hitting the rev-limiter! ooops

There is something about me on a bike, I just got to drive it like a mad man every time.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
hitting the rev limiter while doing a burn out really sounds crappy, other than that, it won't hurt it, just stay under 5000 in a burny and it sounds cool as ****!!!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
OK, I admit it. I bounce off that rev-limiter quite often, especially around my neck living right next to one of the largest HD Dealer's within 100 miles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pretty sure that all of us will hit it sooner or later. As for me, every once in a while, I drive it like I stole it! Ha! Ha!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
If you're not bouncing off the rev limiter all the time you're not trying hard enough. Maybe you should be on a nice gentle Mean Streak.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I haven't seem to hit it yet, but just a couple of days ago, I opened her up in 5th gear, most she'll do with me alone on it is 115mph.
She was reving around 4000-4500.
The last 10 mph to top speed took a bit of keeping her open, but from 70 to 105 she's all balls.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts