RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I run on the interstate going 80ish with the RPM's around 3k. Seems like excess wear on the drivetrain running for awhile at that many RPM's. Any comments?

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
3K RPM, that will not hurt your bike. Take a ride on a non v-twin bike at 80 and see the rpm. My sons SV650S is probably cranking about 6.5-7K rpm. The warrior is really relaxed at 80. So just be careful and enjoy the ride you are not hurting it at all.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
We just had a member turn over 100,000 miles - so apparently there's no wear issues.

It WOULD be nice to have a higher 5th gear - our bike produce enough torque to pull you at 80mph at much lower rpm's then 3000...

·
Administrator
30,097 Posts
R U Serious? 3k ain't snot bro! Crank it up. 125 is just a few seconds away from 80. It loves to run there but you have to get thru the gigglies on the way. Ya gotta love a pushrod V2.

mmisky87 said:
Hey all,

I run on the interstate going 80ish with the RPM's around 3k. Seems like excess wear on the drivetrain running for awhile at that many RPM's. Any comments?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I didn't realize what a brotherhood there was with the Warrior community until I road it to work and had people stop in and ask who's bike that is outside (we are known for selling cars upfront, so not to much out of the ordinary). I had one fellow Warrior'r ask to hear the stock muffler lol.

Good to know I am not beating on the motor to bad running 80. I agree..slight twist of the throttle and 120 here we come.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
80 mph is normal cruising speed. I did intsall a 33 tooth front pulley which reduces RPMs by 3%. But if your looking at the speedo and it reads 80 your bike is traveling closer to 70 - 75. The speedo is notorius for reading fast.

·
Registered
187 Posts
gman said:
80 mph is normal cruising speed. I did intsall a 33 tooth front pulley which reduces RPMs by 3%. But if your looking at the speedo and it reads 80 your bike is traveling closer to 70 - 75. The speedo is notorius for reading fast.

+1 33 tooth, and a taller 5th gear.... have you had your recall done??? they could do it then!!1

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Ran for 40 miles with a 5th gear mod and a high torque chain conversion (equal to a 28 tooth front pulley) and never dropped under 110. Bike just wanted more. They did a great design as far as letting heat out just make sure you run great oil but it can take all you will give it, if not the rev limiter will find your top end for you. Happy riding and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
independent_lemming said:
Ran for 40 miles with a 5th gear mod and a high torque chain conversion (equal to a 28 tooth front pulley) and never dropped under 110. Bike just wanted more. They did a great design as far as letting heat out just make sure you run great oil but it can take all you will give it, if not the rev limiter will find your top end for you. Happy riding and welcome to the forum.
Until the THP stopped him
Lemming's notorious for "high speed" and stuff. HeII he even had two Warriors one time!!!! Trust Ol' Scott on this one. The engines can take a beating. (The frames and wheels, those things are what cracks on impact!!)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I find if you dial it up to 110 mile an hour for minute or two that when you ease it back to 80 it feels like you are just putting along.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
WarriorDog said:
independent_lemming said:
Until the THP stopped him
Lemming's notorious for "high speed" and stuff. HeII he even had two Warriors one time!!!! Trust Ol' Scott on this one. The engines can take a beating. (The frames and wheels, those things are what cracks on impact!!)
I miss ole red..[:'(][:'(]

She was **** on wheels in a straight line.

Now that I'm back to stock it feels rather Harley-esk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sangathor said:
Wait,are you saying this bike can be ridden under 80???

LOL, Exactly.... My commute doesn't even take me on the highway so just taking off from light to light I glance down at the speedo and go "Oh chiznit, slow it down." although I do pass through two school zones and I DO the 25MPH posted limit through them. I feel like I could get off and walk faster than it feels on the Warrior at 25MPH.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
+1....my daily life is filled with high rpms....LOL....I drive a Honda S2000 thru the canyons as part of my daily commute andI keep the engine almost exclusively around 5-7K. When I ride my ZX6R, I don't even begin to really feel the bike until 10-13K...hahahha....so when I ride the Warrior, anything below 4K just seems weired. TheWarrior is one **** of a machine and you can keep it wound up around 4-5K all day.....just gonna have to stop like 5 times at the gas station.

p.s. Welcome Aboard!

Arizona Warrior said:
R U Serious? 3k ain't snot bro! Crank it up. 125 is just a few seconds away from 80. It loves to run there but you have to get thru the gigglies on the way. Ya gotta love a pushrod V2.

mmisky87 said:
Hey all,

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I don't run much over 80 due to the traffic *** in my area (and my wife ride a VStar Custom..top speed 91mph). So I do the next best thing and try to make the tach flash as much as possible in the lower gears. Short pipes and bouncing the rev limiter tend to make the cagers uneasy.
I guess its hard to talk on your cell phone with all that racket right outside of your window. By the way, if your ride in Atlanta traffic, 80 is about the 2nd lane from the left on a lot of I-285. If you are running 55 (speed limit), you had better be on the exit ramp as they will run you over. Also, turn signals are optional and best used at stop lights.

·
Registered
661 Posts
LOL, I frequently travel at over 100 mph! I just can't help myself on the open road. Smooth as glass, even with the 240 tire!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
-I rode from Wyoming to Michigan (1,273miles) in only 2 days last fall (also losing 2hrs of daylight)........ the average speed was 90. Traveled 95-100 almost the whole way through S.D. with no problems at all. Amazingly I didn't see a single officer till about 25miles into Michigan.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts