RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. I'm looking to get a new tank for my bike. Are the tanks the same through all the year's? I have a 2006 midnight, can I use a tank from any year warrior? I tried searching but nothing came up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
As far as I know the tanks for all years are interchangeable except for paint and emblems. I am by no means an expert. So, I'm sure someone can correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
390 Posts
With regards to the warrior tank. I wish you could get a bigger tank, still retain the shape but make it a bit higher. Another 5 litres would be terrific if you had to do a long trip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With regards to the warrior tank. I wish you could get a bigger tank, still retain the shape but make it a bit higher. Another 5 litres would be terrific if you had to do a long trip.
Agreed. I'm getting 200 km's at best per tank.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
some owners have split the tank on each side and added a strip to make it larger while retaining the same shape. If not mistaken it added 50 or so miles to the distance they could ride between fill ups. here is one write up on how it was done. Tank Widening a search would probably turn up others as i know there is at least one other person who did this

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Yeah all tanks are the same. There is a local company that does all types of fab work. I know a guy who did it to his Yamaha Raider and it cost approx. $800 to do so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts