RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, now this sucks. I slamed my bike hard to the right andoff pop'dthe steering stop off the lower portion of the front of theneck. It took out a 1" X 1" chunk behind it exposing a little of the bearing. Is this critical? Other than the fact that now the steering hits the tank when I turn it all the way.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be safe to go on a ride this weekend though? I think I can take it apart and weld it back on.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steering stop lock to lock???

Alright, now this sucks. I slammed my bike hard to the right andoff pop'dthe steering stop off the lower portion of the front of theneck. It took out a 1" X 1" chunk behind it exposing a little of the bearing. Is this critical? Other than the fact that now the steering hits the tank when I turn it all the way. Will this hurt the structural integrity of the neck? PS: I love this place.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Steering stop lock to lock???

Your not a deek or whatever, I'm new to this place and realized I needed to post this in the technical forum not general disussion. So don't be a deek, Leave that up to the politicians.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I broke about the same size chunk of mine 6 years ago when the bike and I cartwheeled in a cornfield....long story. Anyway, I had it welded back on. You will need to find someone who is experienced and skilled with aluminum. It's been 6 years and 30k miles with no problems. I've even been run over and low sided since then and it is still on there.

It can be fixed, but I don't know about riding it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will I have to remove the bearing? If so how do I get it out and what all has to come off to weld it back? Thanks,

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it welded up, painted and put it back together last night. Now comes the test ride. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah baby. I took my warrior on the Little Sturgis Toy Run from Sturgis, MS to Columbus, MS and then back home, about 225 miles. It drove fine, with no issues. PS:Out of 96 motorcycles on the run, I had the only Warrior. (Got a lot of compliments)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I found it broken after my accident too. Good that the broken part still was in place, so I found a guy with good welding skills and now it sits there like it never was gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts