RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
27,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have this handy Forum available for front and rear tires and suspension, we will soon begin moving more threads here.

It seems to make sense to include threads about tires (but not wheels), suspension springs and shocks and links including lowering links, and fork oil.

What is your opinion?

Also, should we include fork repairs, or fork modifications including R1 swaps and Rake mods? Or should that remain in Technical?

We want to focus on actual tires and suspension parts and avoid focus on wheels and other nearby equipment that is not tires or suspension by nature.

Thanks in advance for your helpful comments and food-for-thought.

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
since the forum exists we should use it. maybe make it two fold one for general and one for technical such as how to mods specific to the subjet matter of tires and suspension

however IMHO this forum should also include wheels as they are a big part of the suspension and you cannot use a tire without a wheel LOL

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
I think wheels & tires together that's always been a hand & glove thing.

Shocks, springs & forks together = suspension.

Am not understanding how this will get sorted out we have 17 years of info scattered across the forum getting it all separated & reclassified may be an insurmountable task.

A step x step primer on the forum search function may be a better alternative. I use the window under the search box & search titles only that way I get to a pertinent topic rather than just a word that is stated in the search box and appears in 100's of general text posts that are not relevant.

·
Administrator
27,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Church, yes you are correct. In the past for these new-forums, the moderators start by moving new and awakened-existing threads. After awhile new threads tend to be started by members in the new-correct forum. If I stumble-across something old as I browse then I move it to its now-correct forum. If no member alerts me and I dont stumble across, then it waits until it come to light.

In either case I totally agree with good search criteria. But if members still want to combine suspension with wheels-tires it's not a problem (and I can see the reasoning behind both choices).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts