RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda cx500, Honda vlx600, and finally the Yamaha Midnight Warrior. I rode the honda's for years. This summer I made it down to Deal's Gap with a buddy of mine who was riding a v-max. After that trip I was committed to stepping up to a bigger bike. Started looking at Honda 1300's and the Boulevard c90, but they just didn't do it for me.

As I was walking into a Yamaha dealer I saw a bike parked outside.. no decals and a custom paint job.. stopped dead in my tracks. What the f is that??? Happened to be the shop owner's bike and I threw a million questions at him. Went home, found this site, and have been lurking around for a month. Finally found a used 2005 Midnight with under 4k miles and several goodies for $7700... couldn't pass it up. It's being shipped from MA and I should have it on Sunday. A little nervous about the change in power/size, but can't wait.

Just wanted to thank you guys for contributing to this sight.. what an awesome resource. The looks of the Warrior pulled me in, but the passion you guys have for this bike sealed the deal. I look forward to learning and contributing in the future. I'll post more pics after I get the bike and make my first mods.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Welcome to the 4m Vert and nice find on the 05. You should have very little trouble transitioning too the Warrior. The bike is well balanced. The only word of caution I have is to be aware of the torque at low speeds until you get use to it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dont worry your'll be fine. I steped up from a 200 honda that I only put 60 miles on. Its so very easy to ride and easy to ride gently to get used to the power.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Congrats on your bike, and welcome to the site. And as everyone says, you'll be fine, at least you have experience on a bike. There's a few of us here that have no experience on a bike before the Warrior.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Two months ago, I sold my first bike, a 650 V-Star, to a colleague and found a nice 2002 Warrior with 5400 miles. Initially, I was hounding a local dealer about a Roadie, specifically, a 2000 MM Ltd. Rodie with 9K. Well, it was waiting for the imfamous tranny circlip to be replaced. This all started in early June. In early July, I went to the dealer to buy some gloves (and, of course, to check up on the coveted R* MM, which is a BEAUTIFUL machine) and parked the V-Star next to a Warrior with a nice ghost flame job. It so happened the owner was coming out and I complimented his bike and asked about how it handeled and also about the power. He told me he liked the bike and all, but that it felt too big for him (he was my height, 5'9") and that it had more power than he felt comfortable with. He also committed a serious sacriledge by mentioning a desire to buy a Hardley! Anyhow, I conducted my business, intent on get a nice pearly white R* MM with Samson pipes and a Hypercharger and found the recall work was not yet done. Oh well. I gave up on getting the MM and saw fit to ride the ol' V-Star, which I had customized with VH Short Shots and a "Gonzo Air Kit" that a gentleman named Zivney, in Oregon, sells. The bike ran greater than stock, once it was tuned (since I am a mechanical type, jetting carburetors come more naturally than wiring EFI components like the PCIII to the bike. Anyhow, one night, I checked the dealer's website and saw the same warrior from the parking lot. So I immediately called them (it was about 15 minutes before COB) and told them I was interested. The guy told me it had just arrived that day! I told him I'd be there first thing in the morning (my stars were aligning-I had the day off because the command was having a golf touney, and I dont play golf!). So I went in, chatted with the guy from the phone call, and signed for the bike. Waited two more weeks wile they were trying to get a new front tire on. The slaes rep claimed it need to be replaced in a major way. I saw the tire when I bought it and eventually, I opted to call sales and the guy there siad he had been riding it and had no immeditate concerns. Anyhow, the tire still passed the state inspection and I got the bike on 1 Aug. My schedule just happened to allow for an extended lunch and I went to get it. By the way, I had been without the V-Star for a week at this point. I went to the dealer, spent about 30 minutes handing over the check (yes, I bought it outright), buying a new helmet, and laoding the extra parts (i.e., the water heater and stock header) into my wife's car. Then I got on the ride, and immediately felt intimidated! It just seemed so big and the V-Star had boards but the Warrior had pegs. The seat height is actually lower on the Warrior, but it still felt like I was riding a missile. Since then, I've become quite used to the Warrior. It is a dream to ride. It remains composed in crosswinds. The V-Star, having much sail area, consistently freaked me out in crosswinds, even after having it two years. A Memphis Shades 17" windscreen made it even worse! The Warrior stays straight in the wind. I still get blown around, but the bike keeps her course. If you get a Warrior as a first bike, be careful. They'll probably rip you off in ins., and you better get aquainted with the throttle response. I accidentally got second gear rubber two days ago and it startled me. Once you get used to how these bikes accelerate (yes, plenty of gas is being wasted by me /emoticons/emotion-1.gif) and corner (they lean well), you will have a lot of fun. Just don't wreck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.. SWODude, my insurance here is gonna be $302 for the following:

Uninsured/Underinsured: $50,000 per person/$100,000 each accident
Bodily Injury Liability: $50,000 per person/$100,000 each accident
Property Damage Liability: $25,000 each accident
Medical Payments: $5,000 each person
Comprehensive: $250 deductible
Collision: $250 deductible
Accessory Coverage: $1000

Hopefully, I'm not underinsured or getting ripped off.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Vert,

to the forums and to the most exclusive club there is...The Midnight Club!

Oh yeah...O5' Midnight Warrior...I love it...That's why I own one myself...

MIDNIGHT WARRIOS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks MadMan.. I just took a look at your bike.. now I've got to revise my mod list. Don't think I'll be needing the nitrous any time soon though.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Welcome to the Crew Vert, a great story and I'm glad that you're excited about your new Midnight. You're right about the passion that our members have for the Warrior, but we're also a family here and many members have moved on to other bikes but are still a big part of the family and regular posters. Many congrats and a big welcome to the family.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Yes them Midnights are Now My Favorite...lol.. Welcome to the show.. Left side Exhaust MOD rocks!!!

Insert Image:

56.78KB

Insert Image:

88.07KB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts