RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,at the risk of sounding stupid, I'm new to Warrior ownership but not new to Motorcycle ownership, so, help me out here. I understand that a BAK is a Big Air Kit. But, what is the difference between a BAK and a V-BAK and which is better and why?? What and where is an AIS and why would Yamaha put it on the bike if all everyone does is take it off because the bike runs better without it and, how exactly do you go about removing it. And one last thing what the **** is a flip and grind??? I know these questions sound stupid to you all but I just have to know.
thanks,
Chuck
Glideman

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
first off, do a search and you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know about all these topics. V-BAK is a BAK that was developed by a member here called churchkey, it out performs a standerd BAK and almost performs as well as the PR air kit. The AIS is basically a poullution device that injects air into the exaust ports to burn off unburnt fumes. We take it off cause we can, gets rid of excess wieght, and is advantagous to do if you are going to get a custom map for your pcIII. Also beware, it has been known to start the modoholic disease. The flip and grind is a way to lower your bike for free, by removing the linkages, grinding them a bit and fliping them around. It's also a description for lowerying the passenger pegs on '02 and '03 models.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Please don't double post. Your other topic has more replies so, I'm locking this one.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22774

Future replies there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts