RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an HID Hi/Lo Beam system from EFX for my '08 Warrior, however, I am unable to get the system to work. I have installed no less than 5 HID Systems, but I have installed only one on a motorcycle ('04 Warrior) which was a flawless install. After the failed install attempt I have tested the ballast and bulb, by direct wiring the system, to bypass the relay, and they both appear to be working. I have checked and rechecked my connections numerous times with a continuity tester.
My question's would be:
Has anyone successfully installed a Hi/Lo HID System on the '08 Warrior with the factory harness?
(If so please let me know what brand...I will scrap this one to purchase that make.)
Does the delayed headlight activation until after engine startup affect the relay with the HID System?
(I don't recall the '04 Warrior having this feature, but it has been several years now.)

Any assistance would be appreciated with this matter. I have spent numerous hours searching this site w/o locating a similar problem, but I have noticed that most HID installs have been for older models. I have two days invested in what should have been a 30min procedure.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I dont know for sure but the delayed headlight feature should keep it from lighting if the bike has not been started.

·
Registered
894 Posts
this is probably a stupid question, but you started the bike after
install right? the warriors headlight does not turn on until start-up.
the newest my friends have installed is on an 07, i don't think they
changed any electronics since then, but can't confirm that. dunno if i
helped any, but good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I have started the bike. I have read all the posts where persons have not started their bike allowing the ECU to activate the relay for the headlight, and I knew that would be the first question asked. As far as the relay I performed the diagnostic and I get 5 flashes and clicks with regards to the motorcycle's relay, however, I am waiting on a response from the manufacturer of the HID System to learn how to diagnose their relay. This relay is completely enclosed and has approx. 10 wires running into the housing. I will keep you posted

·
Registered
661 Posts
Man, I'm not looking forward to installing mine....lol. I'm going to do the LED flex strip fork mount turn signals and the garage door opener mods at the same time. I'll prolly wire everything up, start the bike, and the microwave in the house will blow up! lol. Should be fun!

·
Registered
661 Posts
John Sharp called me yesterday, $200 for the kit. I was beside myself...lol. Then he says thats for the two bulb kit, and since I only need one bulb it will be $160. Hmmm, new math? Half of 200 is 100 isn't it? lol. He said the group buy price is done. Anyway, I ordered the 55w H/4 6000 for $160. Sighes. You guys all got the elevator....I got the shaft!! LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved! I finally got through to their (EFX) tech support, and after talking to the tech we found out they shipped the wrong bulb for the wiring harness included in the kit. They advised they would send a new bulb immediately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts