RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking today how many times this site has been my main (and sometimes only) source of information and ideas for my bike. By referencing this site I've been pointed to the cheapest sources on the web for things like tires, batteries, pipes, mirrors, grips, headlight bulbs, etc. I also find out about useful and nifty things like UFO lights, riding techniques, and recalls. To make a long story short, I'm often surprised at how many members are very active at being interactive , but don't support the guy who owns this board. This place is a unique resource and I'd really like to keep it vibrant and alive for years to come. For me, I use my ebill service and send CarKnee $5 a month. I don't miss it, and it's been an awesome investment. In the end, I've saved far more $$ than I've donated - not a bad deal I think. I believe for many it's simply a matter of going through the hassle that prevents them from donating. So please consider how much time and attention you give to this board verses other things you don't even question paying for (like magazine subscriptions , or pay sites [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] for example) and send a little CarKnee's way. Thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
so only 3,4,5 star members should really donate? I rely on this site as well thats why i donated and only have two stars and two months a member.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Thanks RatPhlem and I do appreciate the continuos support, however the site is free and it is totally optional!

Some people are 100% against supporting a site like this and that is fine and I am not offended in any way. Like I said, donating is totally optional, but it is members like you that help keep this site going. I must mention that while this site does accept donations the site does give free stuff away to the people who support the site.

Thanks.
CarKnee

·
Registered
639 Posts
I haven't donated in quite a while. CarKnee, if one donates, how long does the site supporter icon stay up? Like, if I donate "$X" amount, would it stay up "Y" months?

Thanks,

Gary

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Nice Gesture Rat.... I think my donation is covered.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

The free and open exchange of ideas between is what makes this site work. Not being a site donor deoesn't necessarily mean that they aren't donating.
Carknee has certainly done well keeping up with the demands, for that I offer my thanks and gratitude.[8D]

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scaffla: Yeah - my main point is that if someone racks up 500 or more posts - they are certainly finding a use for this site. I wouldn't want give the impression that if you're new, you shouldn't donate. I'm just singling out a certain group... I'm sure I'm gonna end up getting a spanking from some - but what the heck, I like a good spanking.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I was real glad to see that the first reply was from one of us lowly, insignificant, un-noticeable, why take him seriously, less vocal (not a post *****) 2 star, yet site supporting members. You can edit your topic title you know! LOL I didn't want to dissapoint you (again LOL)

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Always a good decision...Donate. I wasn't sure if there was a minimum or not, so I donated $20.00. Within two weeks I saved that on some parts I ordered due to a tip from a member. I feel I've gained enough from the board that I'm posting for cheap.
Also the free classifieds has helped me to clean out my Stock Warrior parts bin. I've placed several "free ads" that have paid off. I've still got plenty more parts for sale, and I'll continue to use that service. I guess it's time to give up a little more.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just made a donation to the site. It isn't much, but I felt that the info I gained from this site is worth making a donation. At times I feel I am better informed about the Warrior than the dealer is. Thanks CarKnee for the great site (and yes I have gotten used to the white.)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 357WARRIOR

Yamaha should be donating big money to this site.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Absolutely! They definitely pay attention to this site. I talked to a factory rep at Laughlin who helped on the Warrior design and he knew about this site. The seat and rear peg changes on the '04's were results from feedback from this site.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Well I was already a supporter, but your point about how much money this site has saved me really made me think about all the mistakes I didn't have to make.
Then again this site has also helped me find miriads of new ways to spend more money. HUH!

·
Registered
226 Posts
lol...i like to break ballzzzzz...but this site is very resourceful and im glad it is available..The money is well worth it when you save a ton on mods,repairs,advice,classifieds..etc...Thanks carknee

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
When I decided that a Warrior I had no idea this site existed. I was going to be very happy with a stock warrior looking just as it does off the floor. The members off this site have shown me some really cool things that are or have made it to my bike and also shown me that something I thought I might like really isn't such a good idea. The way I blow money on computer related equipment and now Warrior goodies is way out of hand but I can still manage to support the site because without it I would have no idea the potential of my bike.
Thanks to all members.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

Spear_Warrior, please PM me with your PayPal email address. Past donations should not dissapear.

2003 supporters dissapear.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts