RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm about to finish up my LAMS and discovered the awesome looking yamaha warrior. Didn't even know they existed until I saw one at my local dealer (in a bit rough shape though).
So I'm wondering... if I were to get one used that's around 2005 model or whatever years they were available, what would it be like with parts availability? I don't want to get one and then be stuck unable to source parts or do service stuff.
I'm REALLY hoping it's a viable alternative, I like the idea of having something a bit less mainstream and more unique, that isn't a **** overpriced Harley!

Cheers guys

·
Super Moderator
852 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm about to finish up my LAMS and discovered the awesome looking yamaha warrior. Didn't even know they existed until I saw one at my local dealer (in a bit rough shape though).
So I'm wondering... if I were to get one used that's around 2005 model or whatever years they were available, what would it be like with parts availability? I don't want to get one and then be stuck unable to source parts or do service stuff.
I'm REALLY hoping it's a viable alternative, I like the idea of having something a bit less mainstream and more unique, that isn't a **** overpriced Harley!

Cheers guys
Hi & welcome .. what part of Oz?

Parts are becoming scarce but if your prepared to wait they can be sourced usually from OS. Depends what your wanting, some parts like fuel tanks are almost impossible to find / buy.

Not many Warriors come up for sale, last time I looked there were 6 listed on bike sales

They are an awesome bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi & welcome .. what part of Oz?

Parts are becoming scarce but if your prepared to wait they can be sourced usually from OS. Depends what your wanting, some parts like fuel tanks are almost impossible to find / buy.

Not many Warriors come up for sale, last time I looked there were 6 listed on bike sales

They are an awesome bike.
Cheers!
I'm in South bris
Yeah not many from what I can see too, mostly private sales

When you say rough what is wrong with the parts or bike?
Just a lot of general wear and dirt
Possibly the belt, definitely the seat needed replacing, bars i would need to change immediately
That was just at a really quick glance

But it's made me aware of the bike and I'm interested so just trying to find out if it's a viable option if I get one used and find out some things need replacing

·
Super Moderator
852 Posts
Cheers!
I'm in South bris
Yeah not many from what I can see too, mostly private sales

Just a lot of general wear and dirt
Possibly the belt, definitely the seat needed replacing, bars i would need to change immediately
That was just at a really quick glance

But it's made me aware of the bike and I'm interested so just trying to find out if it's a viable option if I get one used and find out some things need replacing
And the price asking ??

Our mate Stryder who lives over your way has used a mob that is savvy with the Warriors, it’s been mentioned before but the name escapes my memory and I’m away and not in a great internet area. A forum search using his name may reveal more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And the price asking ??

Our mate Stryder who lives over your way has used a mob that is savvy with the Warriors, it’s been mentioned before but the name escapes my memory and I’m away and not in a great internet area. A forum search using his name may reveal more.

This is the one I saw in person that got me interested in the road warrior.

I'm still on LAMS until the end of the year, but I need to know what to save for and what I should be looking for in advance.

Importing parts from overseas is inconvenient but not really a deal breaker. I can't imagine much going wrong, if the tank needs replacing then there would have to be something significantly wrong!

Post a couple pics/screenshots of it if you get a chance. We're more than happy to give you some feedback. ;)
Awesome, will be great to take up that offer when I'm ready to purchase if the warrior is the way to go!

·
Super Moderator
852 Posts

I'm still on LAMS until the end of the year, but I need to know what to save for and what I should be looking for in advance.

Importing parts from overseas is inconvenient but not really a deal breaker. I can't imagine much going wrong, if the tank needs replacing then there would have to be something significantly wrong!

Awesome, will be great to take up that offer when I'm ready to purchase if the warrior is the way to go!
😂😂😂 Thats Stryders BUMBLEBEE!!
He can give you the full history on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
😂😂😂 Thats Stryders BUMBLEBEE!!
He can give you the full history on it.
haha wow, that's awesome! Shame I'm not ready to buy, would love to be able to have full history and chat with the person selling when I'm ready. Wonder how much he sold it off to team moto for

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,052 Posts

G'day Mate, yes that's my Bumblebee that's for sale at his dealer. If you decide to purchase it I can give you the guys name and number who built her as he rebuilds warriors and can get parts from Japan or the States.
My email is [email protected] if you have any questions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
haha wow, that's awesome! Shame I'm not ready to buy, would love to be able to have full history and chat with the person selling when I'm ready. Wonder how much he sold it off to team moto for
Do yourself a favour and buy it BenDar, keep it in the South Brisbane / Gold Coast area before somebody interstate buys it.
It's the perfect cruiser for the area and will definitely stand out in the crowd.

·
Super Moderator
852 Posts
Checking the Bikesales dot com site I see another 04’ red with flames Warrior at a WA dealer .. $14990 AUD .. 5 listed for sale in Oz

if they get to $20k I reckon I’ll be tempted to sell 😂

1 - 13 of 13 Posts