RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Can you please confirm if the auto cancel turn signals feature is available on a 2003 Warrior? Also, do the front signals are ON, when you start the bike? I'm afraid there are some gremlins in my electrical system as we speak. I'm ready to tacle them this weekend...

For starters, the auto cancel turn signals did not work, on default wiring before I touched anything.
Also, after installing 4 kuryakyn halogen bullets (35W front + 20W rear) and their RTB 4710 part, now the flashers blink fast. Actually, I'm not even sure if the 2320 large bullets come with 35W lights, DennisKirk say they have 20W and Phat 35W. I will use a measurement tool to test their actual values...

I will use Alan's solution to add a custom load equalizer. The load equalizer that comes with the 4710 do nothing to blinking rate.

Pictures will come soon, so you can actually see what I did It might help others with a similar problem... So far everything works OK, beside the fast blinking and the front signals being ON. Thanks for posting your advice.

Floren

·
Registered
578 Posts
i don't know about the auto turn signals but yes the front turn signals come on when the bike is running------no gremlin there, that is normal.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
They do self cancel.... but only when you're moving. Just sitting in the garage they will blink forever. The running lights come on with the key not the blinkers. Dunno why you have the fast blink with halogen bulbs??

EDIT: I just re-read your post. I think you connected the front running light circuit to your bullets. So you only have rear blinkers... that would explain the fast blink. Don't use the blue wire for the front bullets. Use the brown (left) and green (right) on the front bullets.

Hope that makes sense

·
Administrator
30,097 Posts
Floren, all model years have auto-cancel signals. Changing the flasher from the stock Denso to an electronic-timer type flasher will negate the auto cancel feature. Do a search there's plenty of ink. <ost ink relates to fast flash or flash rate.

If you don't have an Owner's manual for your model year you can download one on this site. Top of screen, DOWNLOADS. The Owner's manual (not service manual) discusses how the auto-cancel recognizes forward motion and only cancels if there is forward motion. This somewhat helps keep the signals flashing while waiting at a stop light for example.

If yours didn't work it would likely be related to LED signal install (somebody swapped the flasher relay maybe). More likely, it did work and you didn't notice because we all have the habit of turning them off, which usually happens before the bike travels the distance shown in the Owner's manual.

There's probably a link in Popular Mods, we worked this topic hard for awhile.

·
Administrator
30,097 Posts
I'm purposely posting this separately.

The Kuryakyn RTB 4710 is the Run Turn Brake mod system that makes the rear signals also act as running lights like the front signals do. From the problem you describe I suspect you should review your installation to be sure wires are correctly connected. Also, since you bought your bike used, its possible the prior owner did some undocumented mods so you might want to look around the front and rear signal circuits for wire splices and connectors that appear to beother than oem.

I'm astounded at how many members don't realize the signal relay auto-cancels simply because its habit to turn them off. I mention this again just so you'll keep it in mind as you hunt around. You shouldn'tassume auto-canceldidn't work before.

BTW, speaking generically,it only takes a couple wattsto manage fast flash and/or the click of death. Even if your lights have bulbs that are20w each, that would be more than plenty and I question ifadding a load equalizer will help.

Finally, I haven't installed a Kury RTB system so I can't advise you what wires to double check. Maybe someone will chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot guys, you posted some very valuable tips for me. I'm happy that the front lights stay ON and the auto cancel does not cancel while sitting... makes sense. Also, I don't have the solenoid syndrome, only the fast blinking. I will get back to the thread with more details and pictures, related to RTB wiring. That's what I thought also Arizona, I don't use any LED's and 20W should be more then enough to avoid fast blinking. I found an old thread with another user who had the same problem as myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts