RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking like I will getting new tires fairly soon. I know there are ton of threads about tires but didn't see quite what I was looking for.

What are the differences between the Avon Spirit ST and Avon 3DXM? I currently have a set of Storm 2 Ultras and have used Avon tires for years and plan to stick with them. The Spirits and 3DXM showing basically all the same specs, dual compound, similar tread design etc. So why are the Spirits cheaper and are they still a solid option for the warrior? Saving around $100 sounds pretty good to me if I don't need to spend it.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did a bit more research and I'm reading that the Spirit ST is actually replacing the 3dxm as their top tire?

Read that the 3dxm would stay on as the budget option, but everywhere I look the Spirit is about $100 or so cheaper for a set. I did notice that the 3dxm aren't listed with all the usual sellers. Are they going the way of the Storm 2 Ultra and the Spirit ST is simply the new kid on the block?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I actually went with an avon spirit for my front tire this time. Haven't mounted it yet, but got an awesome deal on it and figured I'd test it out.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Running the Spirits front and rear. They do great in the rain, and they handle the Tail of the Dragon and Moonshiner 28 really well. Was up there the past two weekends and they did great.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear i-man! I was just confused at first because the Avon models change names every few years and they seem to change the whole naming structure. Storm UltraII/Ultra III/UltraIV would be much easier to follow.

From everything I found, the Spirit ST series are the direct replacement for the 3dxm series. Avon doesn't even list the 3dxm on their site anymore and many suppliers no longer have them available.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, some of these shops are nuts. $140-$150 to mount and balance 2 tires?! They seemed put off that I pulled the wheels myself.

Big metric dealer 30 minutes away wants $32.50 each out the door. I can live with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts