RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
formerly jake wilson now they are called ridersdomain.com just scored a new Avon Spirit ST 120/70zr17 for 73.88 had to buy 2 stickers to get over the 75 minimum for free shipping. Ran Storms for years and the reviews on the new spirit are good so I shall see soon.

·
Administrator
28,185 Posts
The Spirit is a next generation 3D XM but it reportedly only plays well (in tests) in lighter bikes with less power. The power bikes break the back loose in corners.

But as in the past my bet is Avon refines the tire into the next evolution for our Beasts.

You can find the Portugal and other tests with a google. For now for me the 3D XM front and rear are nirvana in any weather short of ice haha.

But next set . . . who knows!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Spirit is a next generation 3D XM but it reportedly only plays well (in tests) in lighter bikes with less power. The power bikes break the back loose in corners.

But as in the past my bet is Avon refines the tire into the next evolution for our Beasts.

You can find the Portugal and other tests with a google. For now for me the 3D XM front and rear are nirvana in any weather short of ice haha.

But next set . . . who knows!
I have seen the review with the back tire issues but since I'm running a 250 Avon out back and saw nothing in the reviews about the front tire I decided to give it a go.My soft compound BT016 only lasted about 6k miles on the frontwhich may have been due to the weight of the bike and improper balancing.I have been thinking about trying Dynabeads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts