RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reset my trip meter every time I fill up. I was riding today going to get something to eat, and my trip hit 100 miles. I was expecting the fuel light to come on. It usually comes on somewhere between 100 and 110 miles. By the time I got back close to home it had hit 114 miles and still no fuel light. I stopped to fill up because I thought maybe my fuel light wasn't working. The bike only took 2.5 gallons. If I did my math right thats about 46mpg. I haven't been riding crazy or anything, but I haven't been riding any tamer than I usually do either. It would be awesome if this kept happening.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Nice. I think it's the summer blend of gas. Even with the summer blend wish i could get that many miles per gallon. Lucky you.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have gotem great gas milage like that when just cruizing on the highway.It doesnt hapen often.I dont usually just cruise and I like riding on the back roads better than the highway.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
ya, I took a road trip on mine a few months ago. I got to 120 miles and no light. I filled up and did the math and it came to 46-47mpg. Not too bad if you ask me. My last bike, a Suzuki Boulevard M50 got 55mpg and it was only a 805cc

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have read lots of post like this one, people so happy to get 45 and above (as you should be) My normal mpg is around 45. I took a long road trip, about 5000 miles, in August. There was a stretch threw Nevada were there was not any gas for 140 miles. We did it with out the light coming on. Thats with a full tank bag, full t-bag, and me 300 lbs. I must just be lucky.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Yamaha on the 09 warrior claims 39 mpg. Not everyone does 45. Some people get less than the 39. Alot of people get about 100 miles when the low fuel light comes on.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I normally see 43-45 mpg with normal rip around riding. When I go for long rides, I've seen up to 56 mpg.

I think it all depends on your map (if you've got a PCIII), and how rich or lean your air/fuel mix is in your normal riding range (1500-3000 r's), which is all adjustable. I keep tweaking mine, to get the best mix of fuel economy and power.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
Me and a friend of mine ride almost every weekend and I usually get 110 to 120 miles before the light comes on.He keeps saying he was getting 135 to 142 before the light came on. The reason he was getting so many miles before the light was how much gas he was putting in the tank. I always pretty much stop at the metal piece in the neck. He was sitting on the bike straight up off the stand, like you were checking the oil, and fills the tank all the way up almost to the top of the neck, therefor he gets more miles than I do because he has more gas to burn.That's probably the differences in everybodys gas mileage. Everyone fills there tank differently.Just my 02 cents worth.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Judge2008 said:
why is everyone so concerned with gas mileage with gas under $3 a gal??? filler up and go!!!

Around here gas is about $2,79. Yes it's a lot cheaper than $4.00 but it's still overpriced. I won't be happy until I see it around $1.50 again. But I don't see that ever happening.

I remember the days in the not so far off past when you could fill up your car for 16 bucks. Not 60

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Judge2008 said:
why is everyone so concerned with gas mileage with gas under $3 a gal???  filler up and go!!!

Why? why is the question of the day my friend. Did you ever ride with other bikes where there's few and far gas stations. You never know when the next gas station is so every chance you see one you need to fill up which gets very annoying. It never bothered me before, but went on a ride with other bikers and the low milage per tank got to be a pain in the @ss.

·
Registered
23 Posts
that seems funny to me. I was riding across Nevada and my light came on at 60 miles,the weight thing is wierdbecause I as well weight 300 pounds. That was with a bone stock bike. I think it is funny when everyone trys to claim the warrior is such an efficent bike, well its not. It is ment to have lots of tourque and be fun in the corners for a cruiser.

·
Registered
143 Posts
BennyO said:
that seems funny to me. I was riding across Nevada and my light came on at 60 miles,the weight thing is wierdbecause I as well weight 300 pounds. That was with a bone stock bike. I think it is funny when everyone trys to claim the warrior is such an efficent bike, well its not. It is ment to have lots of tourque and be fun in the corners for a cruiser.

Its not a claim. I get the gas mileage that I get. Around 45. So everyone that gets 45 mpg is a lier? I do that math almost ever time I fill up, just to keep track of it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
gilly said:
Me and a friend of mine ride almost every weekend and I usually get 110 to 120 miles before the light comes on.He keeps saying he was getting 135 to 142 before the light came on. The reason he was getting so many miles before the light was how much gas he was putting in the tank. I always pretty much stop at the metal piece in the neck. He was sitting on the bike straight up off the stand, like you were checking the oil, and fills the tank all the way up almost to the top of the neck, therefor he gets more miles than I do because he has more gas to burn.That's probably the differences in everybodys gas mileage. Everyone fills there tank differently.Just my 02 cents worth.

This does not change the mpg. Just the miles per tank.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
You are correct about the MPG. I should have left that last line off,because I was referring to how many miles before the light came on. Thank You.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts