RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a brand new left over 06 warrior , and put V&H big shots on it now between shifts and sudden let off of throttle It back fires. Ques: would a AIS block off kit clear this up

·
Registered
218 Posts
Probably not, but the AIS and PCIII or ECU adjust will help. It is the nature of the beast, I see this is your first post so I will suggest you do a search on the forum and you will find tons of info and input…. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the most exciting bike made.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. When I removed the AIS it didn't help the backfire, but the AIS should be removed anyway. I have BigShots too and the AIS removed, when I added the Power Commander III and used the V&H BigShots - Stock Air map the backfire was almost gone. Only a rare backfire. Since I have added a Churchkey and changed the map it now backfires a bit more, yet not near what it used to. I may need a custom map.
In addition you will want to learn to control the throttle better, that helps too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much guys I'll still put the AIS block off kit on and after I get a few more miles on the pipes I'll check for richness

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not yet going for around 80 mile ride sunday should be enough time to get a good reading from plugs since I only have put about 30 mile since I added pipes , but have already located and slide said wire free from others . is it possible for the bike to be rich on start up since adding pipes I can smell the fuel then run lean after it warms up?

·
Registered
395 Posts
when you changed your pipes you changed your air to fuel ratio, it would really help to get a power commander and custom map. then try the ais block off. you should see somewhat of a difference. I wounder how fast do you throttle? if those things don't help the dealer may be the next bet but a little pop doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
welcome and congrats on the bike. theres lots of good info here posted by guys ( and girls ) who have already done the hard part all you need to do is read and follow their advice, good luck with the bike and ride safe

·
Registered
31 Posts
mine is stock without any aftermarket alteration and it backfires when I decelerate or lower the gear only. I have asked the person whom I believe knows well about motorcycles, he assured it is normal for V-TWIN, especcially if it is still breaking-in as mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts