RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking 10 years off from streetbikes I'm back. I've owned sport bikes and touring bikes and I've been eyeing up the warrior for years waiting for the right time. I just purchased an 08 rsw this past weekend. My seat time is limited and the riding season here in the nw NJ is all but over, but I've got some work to do over the winter to fix this major hesitation and backfire issue... I'll be reading a lot and maybe posting some on this great forum.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Welcome from SoCal..Ride safe and post some pics...

If u post up what mods n Aftermrket parts
Are on ur warrior makes it easier to help you with anything that u need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mhdmx;

-Congrats on the RSW purchase and Welcome aboard from Northern NY State!
Your avatar pic looks like you have a set of pipes installed. Not sure what mods/
upgrades, if any, to your air induction system have been made. But I would look
into doing these two easy mods to get rid of the hesitation and backfiring issues.

-first, do the AIS removal plate install (relatively cheap like 20-30 dollars and about
a half hour to an hour of your time).

-second, send your ECU to Ivan's performance for an internal upgrade, re-install and
then enjoy the totally awakened, Mr. Hyde side of your RSW. Hope this helps and as
always Ride Safe!
Rg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks folks for all the tips. I'm still trying to sort out what mods have been done but the pipes are PCS roadsters without a baffle I believe and the intake isn't stock but I believe the stock airbox is still under the tank. It also has a pcv installed but it can't be set right with the way it's currently running. I'll definitely be doing the ais blockoff and tuning via pcv, checking all wires, replacing plugs, checking vacuum leaks and ultimately try the Ivan's ecu mod if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mhdmx;

-I think I may have an extra AIS block off plate kit in my "stash" that is new in
the package. If you would like it, please PM me with your mailing address and it
is yours.

Rg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome from NYC!!! If you have this bike this is the place to be; always remember there is no such thing as a stupid question here, you will just be stupid for not asking. The amount of knowledge here is fantastic!!!

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase.

Now in your downtime good idea to go over the old girl. Make sure you don't have an exhaust leak by the head as that will keep it from running right. Also those pipes don't have a bracket correct? That is another reason why to check for exhausts leaks.

Removing your seat will show you if you got an airbox or pod filters.

Here are some of the maps fellow members have used and shared. find one that works for you

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/blogs/robriguez/94-power-commander-maps.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again all. I put the bike away for the fall and haven't checked back on this thread for a bit. Thanks for all the hints about how to track down the hesitation problem. I have ~3 months to sort it out and will start here soon and will check out everybody's suggestion. Great forum!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts