RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, you may remeber a few months back I had the bike painted with the old Yamaha design, but there were too many flaws and it needed re-done. So I just dedided to go back black like it was originally. I mean, thats why I bought the midnight in the first place cause I loved the color soo much. But anyways, the paint turned out flawless!! Its soo smooth now. I took a few pics as you can see here, but this old digi cam Im using doesnt do the paint justice. Up close it as smooth and clean as it can get! I also had the backrest powdercoated gloss black, and Ive got a pair of tall risers and stright bar that Im dropping off tomorrow to have powdercoated black also. I cant wait to get it all together and ride again! Ill post up some new pics when everythings finished.

·
Registered
926 Posts
The bike probably looks like a mess right now with all the pretty pieces laid out on the floor. cant wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
My luggage rack is out to be powder coated right now, should get it Tomorrow actually.

It used to be a backrest but with the new Rumble seat I will only put this on to carry a bag with a passenger.

It still had to be black!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Looks good. If you can figure out a way to get a stock gas cap black, it would be awesome. That is the one thing I wish was different on my bike from a paint issue.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bucky685 said:
Adam,

Looks good! Can't wait to see everything back together!

I hope the bars work out for ya!

I dropped them off at the powdercoater today. Prolly be about a week before I get them back. Oh and that pipe you had stuck in the end.....I used one of my big easyouts and It came right out...lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
Allsmiles said:
If you can figure out a way to get a stock gas cap black, it would be awesome

I was thinking the other day that I am going to pick up the stick on black gas cap covers that are used on the sport bikes-i think my r6 has the exact same gas cap as the warrior, but im not positive yet. My r6 has a carbon fiber lookin cap cover!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Yeah, if anyone has some info on cap covers or what not, I am interested. That would be pretty sweet.

My luggage rack should be getting coated right about now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
when I did the blackout on mine, I took the cap apart,beadblasted it and painted it to match the tank...you can look in my gallery at a pic...I love the way it looks black !!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I just ordered a set of Pro-Bolts black bolts for the stock gas cap. While I was looking those up I found these. These are made for the R6 and R1 - so one might assume they fit the Warrior too... The base and the cap come seperate and bothcome in eitherSilver, Black, Blue, & Red. The base retails for $66.95 and the cap for $39.95.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
fastby250cc said:
I just ordered a set of Pro-Bolts black bolts for the stock gas cap. While I was looking those up I found these. These are made for the R6 and R1 - so one might assume they fit the Warrior too... The base and the cap come seperate and bothcome in eitherSilver, Black, Blue, & Red. The base retails for $66.95 and the cap for $39.95.

This post I made might be a use to you: How to install a R1/R6/Ducati Gas cap:

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/48990/688502.aspx#688502

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i put it back together this evening. The paint really turned out nice this time. Im still waiting on the bar and risers to be finished up from powdercoating, then they're going on. Im just glad to be able to ride again!!

The camera Im using suck! Sorry about the picture quality. I need to buy a new camera.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the handlebar and risers back from the powdershop today. Im installing them tomorrow! Cant wait to see the new look.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts