RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ocassionally my bike backfires through the intake on the BAK. It usually happens when I just wrapp the throttle or on decelerationafter a down shift. I bought a used bike and thought all the recalls had been done. Just got a letter from Yamaha stating that the TPS sensor recall had not been done. Could that have any effect on this problem?

Thanks for the Info.

J-man

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
A tuning with a PCIII would help. As far as the TPS it does play a big role, a year after a I had the recall done I couldnt get the bike to smooth out at idle and kept messing with it. Ended up losening the TPS and tuning by ear and never had a problem since. Normally a back fire through the intake is a advancement issue, I know after I went racing cams it would do it when it was cold but soon quite after warming but after I ear tned it wasnt an issue.

·
Administrator
29,707 Posts
Yes, get the TPS recall done, but clean and gap (or replace) your spark plugs first, and be sure your air filters are clean. Then after the recall work is done, get a dynotune. I mention this becauseI notice you don't have a gallery page, however several of your previous posts have to do with rough idle and similar and it seems like your problems aregetting wose over time?

jgreen53 said:
Ocassionally my bike backfires through the intake on the BAK. It usually happens when I just wrapp the throttle or on decelerationafter a down shift. I bought a used bike and thought all the recalls had been done. Just got a letter from Yamaha stating that the TPS sensor recall had not been done. Could that have any effect on this problem?

Thanks for the Info.

J-man

·
Registered
53 Posts
+1

After I had mine dynotuned, that backfire through the BAK is non-existent. It was happening exactly as described.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will go back through the plugs and filters again but the rough idle problem has been fixed. It was a combination of bad plugs and a PC III that took a dump. So, I replaced the PC III, put new plugs in and cleaned the filters. I loaded the PC III with a map I got from this site. I dont think the problem has gotten worse it is just me working the bugs out. I guess I need to get it dynotuned.

As for my gallyary page. I never figured out how to make one.

Thanks for the info.

J-man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts