RS Warrior Forum banner

backfiring

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  lagalaxy8 
#1 ·
I HAVE A 2005 WARRIOR WITH A PCIII AND THE CORRECT MAP.
THE BIKE RUNS GREAT BUT IT BACKFIRES AND SOMETIMES SHOOTS A BLUE
FLAME OUT THE EXHAUST. HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP?

#3 ·
Welcome! Congrats on the 05! [^]

You may have the correct map, but your ECU Co numbers are leaner than what the map was made against. Factory settings are notoriously lean. You can do one of two things. Either richen the mix with the PC-III or bump up the ECU Co values 2-3 points for each cylinder. Here's a link for ECU adjustment. It's really very easy.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33867

#9 ·
Welcome.

I assume your bike had the AIS removed already.

You can try the following: Save your current PCIII map before you make any changes.
Now increase the setting for 0% throttle from 750-4000 rpm by 10. Save the new map into the PCIII and go for a ride.

Should be a lot better. If its not enough go to 15+. Most of the time these cells are simply 0 after doing a custom map.

Hope this helps!

Oliver

#10 ·
Originally posted by Frankenstein

Welcome.

I assume your bike had the AIS removed already.

You can try the following: Save your current PCIII map before you make any changes.
Now increase the setting for 0% throttle from 750-4000 rpm by 10. Save the new map into the PCIII and go for a ride.

Should be a lot better. If its not enough go to 15+. Most of the time these cells are simply 0 after doing a custom map.

Hope this helps!

Oliver

Thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.