RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?]Has anyone installed one of the Backoff units (The module from Signal Dynamics that flashes the brake light when the pedal is pressed)? Wondering if it messed-up any of the Warrior electronic functions.

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hey Larry-I have thought about this product myself. I have a friend that has it on a Harley Road King that is FI and he didn't have any problems, but the Warriors seem real sensitive to any thing to do with wiring. If you try it let us know how it worked out.

Harley JONES

I see by your post you are in AR. I live in Northern Ar. a town called MTN.HOME. Were are you at?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I installed the Backoff model that flashes the brake light when you apply the brakes. All you have to do is connect it in-line with the brake light wire and your done. I takes about 5-minutes and I have had no problems with the bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Daytona. About how long (time and miles) have you had it installed? Trying to figure if issues still may surface.

Larry

·
Registered
756 Posts
abc...

i've had my BACKOFF on the warrior for 9,000 mi. Also had one on the last 3 bikes i had. They work very well, no problems. Just be SURE and wire it like they say. You CAN wire it backwards and it will not work.

There is 2 wires on the module...one red...one white with red stripe. I mounted mine under the seat. Cut the yellow brake light wire. NOW...the red wire from the module will connect to the cut yellow wire leading to the brake light switch. The white/red wire connects to the cut yellow wire leading to the brake light itself. If you get it backwards...it won't work...according to their instructions.

·
Registered
192 Posts
quote:Originally posted by abcomputin

Thanks for the reply Daytona. About how long (time and miles) have you had it installed? Trying to figure if issues still may surface.

Larry

I have had the unit on for several thousand miles with no problem. Remember the unit will flash three time then stay on for a short period of time than flash three time again. That cycle will repeat as long as the barkes are on.

·
Registered
756 Posts
wohd...

I didn't...you're only working with one wire...and that wire isn't hot unless the key is on. And it doesn't use a ground wire so your not messin with anything that could do any damage (i have seen messin with just a ground wire cause a little smoke before). Unless, of course, there's something i don't know about concerning this electrical system.

BUT...it doesn't take much to disconnect the batt if it makes ya more comfortable.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Were would you mount the box itself? under the fender?quote:Originally posted by DaytonaWarrior

I installed the Backoff model that flashes the brake light when you apply the brakes. All you have to do is connect it in-line with the brake light wire and your done. I takes about 5-minutes and I have had no problems with the bike.

Sounds like really good idea ,,Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Red,

There is a sunken portion in a corner of the ecu plastic cover. The backoff comes with a piece of double-sided adhesive. I just installed mine in a couple of minutes and stuck it to this sunken area. No clearance issue, seat doesn't come in contact with it. Follow the wiring harness from the tail light. It goes through the fender at a height a little lower than the ecu. I spliced into the yellow wire just on the other side of the ecu and that was all there was to it.

Larry

·
Registered
176 Posts
Where would we be able to find these "Backoff", you guys getting them from a particular manufacturer or is it something that a bunch of manufacturers produce? Anyone know of a site where I could check them out? Thanks..

Speed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts