RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into moving the pegs and the foot controls rearward a little? I have decided to look inot a way of moving these backwards a little. I am not a big fan of the highway peg setup of the stock controls.

I rode a VStar1100 this weekend and like the position of the pegs MUCH better than the Warrior's. I have not seen anything out there. I am considering fabricating somethoing to move the entire setup back, but before I do, I wanted to know if anyone had seen any thing or had any ideas on how to do this in the most practical way.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Bis, I wondered about this myself, but don't think we will find much interest in others. People seem to like forward controls.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ezas, I know... but I will look into this as much as I can until I come up with a solution. even my brother's Dynaglide felt better !!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would love to pull the pegs back towards me so that my short legs aren't stretching 8 feet forward to the pegs so that I wont have to tuck my legs back as much when I try to reach higher speeds.

Right now I put my legs back on the passenger pegs in order to reach higher speeds since the force almost blows me off the bike if I sit normal and tuck my helmet down towards the tank [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
219 Posts
quote:Originally posted by crusteel45

everyone i know is looking into FORWARD controls...you wannna go back..lmao...drive on dude!

Its just a different thing LOL!!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking at the bike pics and it looks like it would be a hard mod if you do not want to lose ground clearance. But everything has a price....

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point Sangathor, I will ask them. Slthough theirs is too radical !!! overdone, but they should have some inputs...my hunch is that they fabricated these themselves

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have not had the warrior up to speed yet (only 110 miles on the odo) but on my honda shadow sabre, I got tired of my feet being blown off the pegs when I romped on it. But I would not want to lose any ground clearance either. If its ground clearance or forward position, I'll take the moderatly forward position the pegs are now. All the bikes I grew up with (various honda CBR's) all had the feet more underneath you, and that is what I got used to. Its also nice to be able to stand up for a stretch from time to time while riding, and that harder to do with the forward pegs.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if the forward controls that some folks have can be applied in reverse and pull the pegs rearward.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bismark, I don't know if this is possible, but maybe you could use the barrons relocation plates mounted the other way, so that it moved the foot peg brackets backwards, instead of forward. If barrons plates won't work, maybe some home made or machine shop made plates to move them would. If clearance between frame and bolts holding the brackets to the plate is a problem, countersinking the bolt holes and using flat head bolts should solve it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts