RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have been waiting on my frame for about a week and a half and I finally got it back tonite!!! I am so excited I can't hardley stand it. I ended up with39 deg of frame rake + the 7 deg triple trees I already had totaling46 deg. It looks ubelievable. I can't believe have much it pushed the front wheel out. I didn't go forlonger fork tubes other tha the two inch extensions I already had from Mortons. I also have a 21" on the front so that helped too. I had TT bars and they obviosly wouldn't work anymore in thier stock form so I had them cut the risers off of the cross bar and whe I got there today we slid the tank on and I sat on the bike with the risers bolted to the trees and positioned the cross bar the way I wanted it and he marked it and tig welded them back together. I love the way they look now but I may have to have a inch or two cut out of the pullback. I will see when the bike is completely back together and I get some miles on it. I am taking it to the powder coater tomorrow. I am having the frame done i a textured flat black and the bars done in a high gloss black. Raceing Innovations in Oklahoma City did therake and bars. As you can see they do not use gussets on the neck as others do. I prefer the way it looks without them andhe told me if the neck ever sapped it would be because I nailed a car doig 70, not because a weld broke. He has been doing this since before I was born so I trust his judgement. He charged me 500 to do the rake,100 to do the bars, and He will adjust them for free if I don't like the riding position. Powder coat is going to be about 200 to do the frame bars and a couple of other odds and ends. Here are some pics so far. I will continue to update this thread as I go along. Hope you enjoy!!!!!!!

By claypool782, shot with DSC-T300 at 2009-01-20

·
Registered
576 Posts
Re: baclay9's FRAME RAKE

looks great I think you made the right decision staying with just the 2" extensions keeps that low/long/mean look may want to make some sort of cover for those welds though just to hide the work cant wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
661 Posts

DUDE!!!!! That is off the freakin' CHAIN!!!! I love it!!! I want 6 degree triple trees.....but..... that freakin' ROCKS!!!! Please post photos when it's assembled!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

very nice! now get it back together. keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Outstanding. That pricing seems very reasonable. So, what rake do these bikes have from the factory? Know off-hand?

·
Registered
670 Posts

I've seen a few raked out warriors before, and to be honest I never liked it. Everyone rakes them out too far and it just doesn't look right. However, I do like this one. What you have is the perfect amount of rake. It looks like it's sopposed to be that way as opposed to the way over raked awkward look. Nice job. Keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
989 Posts

WOW, that thing is going to be sick when it is back together. Good work and it sounds like you got a smoking deal!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts

That looks absolutely stunning!

The front end looks perfectly proportioned to the whole thing.

Can't wait to see more!

Very envious!

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts

Do you know how much lower the bike sits now,compared to stock. In other words, are you going to scrape stuff a lot more than usual. Just curious, because I like the set up you have. I like the idea of not having to buy a new front end, just the triple trees. Looks great. Just what i'm looking for. Can't wait to see it together, and find out if the rake and trail are the right spec's.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts

rock solid look!....not WAY over the top, right in that pro street range that I like! Kind of the Intrepid Steadfast or the Rucker Assisin or the AI Slammer!!!!

Well done!!!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

The bottom of the frame will sit @ 5" front and back. My dad's warrior (which is stock) sits @ 6.25". I went 5 so it would be a little lower but wouldn't be too bad. Matt (Ratphleqm) suggested I not go too low because of the scrapeing issues. I think this was a good comprimise.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts