RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my clutch switch bad a lot of times I pull the clutch in before I get it in gear and the motor dies, also when Ipull it in and put it in Neutral and gliding to a stop the motor will stop. Other than this the bike rides perfectly. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is your resting, warm idle set to? It should be 850-950. If it's too low, you could have those types of issues. Are you having any kind of abnormal starting issues?
I have no starting issues.....how where do I set the warm idle to? Is it on the power Commander??

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,233 Posts
Once your engine is warmed up (10 minutes of riding is more than enough), let it idle. Then use the brass knob under your seat that sticks out from the gas tank to adjust. It’s tough to turn but that’s intentional. After an adjustment, do a quick rev and let the rpm settle to see what it says. It should settle between 850 and 950.
What’s it at?

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
@808UNO as stated by random_guy & Heftysmurf could be your hot engine idle or clutch cable adjustment causing the engine to shut down.
  • FYI .. the only purpose of the Clutch Lever Interlock switch is It will allow the rider to start the engine if the bike is in gear and the Side Stand is UP! ... Very handy if you stall your bike in gear at an intersection and a Mack truck is behind you ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts