RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you are aware, if not see my gallery. After that "bump" in the road my front end has started feeling loose and I talked to the dealership I bought it from and they told me "Yamaha will not warranty any work to be done on the neck bearings because of the impact you caused". I said great! Hung up the phone. I called a dealership closer to home explained the whole situation and they said it is probably just loose but even if there is a problem it can still be warranty since it cannot be proved that "I" did the damage. He also explained to me that as long as he (service manager) felt comfortablethat I didnt tear into the internals he would be happy to warranty anything. I think my luck might be turning around!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Good stuff...just goes to show that some dealers can be total useless POS and others will bend over backwards to satisfy the customer....hey! Customer service...what a novel idea! Maybe there's a trend starting?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That's good to hear. It's interesting sometimes how some places tell you something is impossible for them to do or how it's out of their control but yet when you check elsewhere it's a simple matter of them not wanting to go that extra step to help their customer. I'm glad it's working out for you, best of luck.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mike Panczyszyn said:
Just out of curiosity, why is this not covered by your insurance company?

+1 , they should be able to do a subclaim on it.

we do it all the time on boats because sometimes things don't show up until later and not at the time of repair or checking it out.

Clearly the impact 'caused your problem, so the dealer that is going to help you is simply not gonna tell yamaha the truth.

your original dealer simply doesn't want to lie to yamaha , because they know what happened , they know it is not a manufacturer's defect which is not a warranty issue but an insurance issue.Can't blame the dealer for not wanting to lie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts