RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Okay I will ask him his procedure on how he turned off the compression release. Can anyone link me a manual so I can read how it works?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
ok quick question, if he wasn’t doing the compression test correctly wouldn’t BOTH cylinders have low compression? Also he said he did a leak-down test and that’s how he found out it was the rings... I mean that’s not wrong is it? Regardless I think I may be taking it away from dealerships. I found a more local mechanic friend of my uncle. Even if I do need to replace the rings and whatever else, he’ll do it at almost half the cost so things are looking up... sort of

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have ready everything that has been written here with regards to your dramas. Now I haven’t owned a Warrior for long and I’m still learning however there is a constant thread going through what your saying and that is dealership. What AZ and others have said is very true about the Warrior, they have heavy duty stuff inside them, thus the bullet proof statement. Now something I think I have mentioned before and that is coronavirus. So many businesses have lost heaps of revenue over the last 3 months so they shall I say can take advantage of the gullible at this time. It has raised its ugly head here in Australia so be watchful of it happening over there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In the Factory Service manual with Supplements doc from the provided link, the Compression Check procedure is pages 161-163.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I think that many of you are at least partially right. I’m not sure these dealerships know too much about warriors unfortunately. I guess I picked the wrong bike for being such a lousy mechanic. When I took my bike to the shop I asked if the low compression could have anything to do with the decompression solenoid and he said “these bike don’t have those”...they do.

·
Administrator
28,418 Posts
This bike stands the test of time and with a couple of things clear in your mind (that you will learn here) you can have a classic head-turner with more power than you need and it can serve you for a lifetime. All you need is a few metric wrench sets and the service manual so you can ask the right questions here. You can easily learn this stuff, and you will gain confidence while learning some things that will serve you for your lifetime. Once you know what engineered designs like starting-decompression and nikasil-lining and semi-dry-sump with dual oil drains, and parasitic-drain and residual-ecu-current are, and each is simple to understand, then you know the things about this bike that many shop mechanics don't realize. Knowing means it gets easier to maintain. And the documentation and pics and conversations are pretty much already archived here over almost twenty years of messing around and mistakes and discovery by plenty of members who also knew little about this ground-breaking motorcycle design when they started. You will at some point suuddenly you are becoming expert. Its simple!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts