RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed new tail light from clearalternatives, and I am getting ready to install some kickass looking led lights from joker. It is my understanding that I will need to use a load eq, and another device which will let me use the front turn signals as marker lights also. I currently have no turn signals other then the one in tail light, and I am getting the "tick if death"! I got both of these devices from badlands, andI am getting ready to install everything.My question is where have people monted these things? The load eq says it gets warm/hot and to keep away from plastic and other wires? So any ideas would be great. Pics would be even better!!! Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
I installed mine under my seat towards the relay side. A single load equalizer is all you need. I ran rear t-sigs only for quite a while and it never melted anything.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Your gallery pic shows your bike is lowered so under the seat is maybe the only spot you can put it. Badlands has one unit that burns hot, and a new unit that doesn't get hot (and its still a smaller case). I don't know if JP has a Badlands EQ or another brand. If you have the one that runs hot and if its in a watertight box like I remember, have you thought about mounting it against the outside of the battery box above the arc of the rear tire? I don't know if the plastic battery box would be affected but I think it might physically fit up there.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Coming from a HD backround Badlands is a product I'm very familiar with and trust. So yes, I have a Badlands unit and it has resided under my seat since 2002. I also have the Badlands rear turnsignal license plate frame for which this unit was purchased for as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts