RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the sidemount license plate bracket from www.badsport.com
James over their was quick to respond to my emails, and quick to ship. It was $52 to my door. It looks good, and I dont have to worry about a vibrating license plate. You need to flip your axle to make it work, but thats really no big deal. This solves the problem of attaching the frame to the beltguard and worrying about it blasting off at speed. I wish he offered it in black powdercoat, but other than that, it was a good buy. I put a few pics in my gallery.
http://www.rswarrior.com/members/memberdetails.asp?B_ID=363&handle=Timmymorg

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now none. I'm cookin up a new "stealth" setup today. If I get it right I'll post the pics. I'm trying to get a clean uncluttered look back there. I'm open to ideas if anyone has any good suggestions. I want to do something with small bullets or little LED's.

T

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Berry, The axle needs to be reversed. Remove the axle, put it back in the opposite way it came out. The big 23mm bolt that was on the right, now goes on the left. It is no big deal at all. It takes about 10-15 minutes with a stand.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Timmy,
I dont understand why you revesed the axle???

I put on the same bracket, but kept the axle the same way. Should I be worried about something?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
CarKnee,
No worries.
I just put mine on last night. Kept the axle exactly as is. License plate bracket went under the small chain length measuring plate and holds nicely in place by the swing arm rear bracket edges.
I can't figure out why the need to switch the axle either.
&lt/emoticons/emotion-4.gifarallel thread>-ordered a chrome licence plate cover with LED's from Radiantz. Really undecided about which way to go but am going with full plate cover with LED's running along the long side (saw the one specifially for side mount but I wanted a little better lighting and future flexibility if I put the plate somewhere else).
tom H.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I also kept the axle the same. I think it just makes things easier to take on and off. I prefer the cleaner look by the plate though.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mark-XIX

I also kept the axle the same. I think it just makes things easier to take on and off.

I didnt even think about that! I guess that is a good idea. I am with you mark, I would prefer having the nut on the right side. It is inda hidden by the exhaust.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just went out and looked, I guess I reversed it for nothing. Another member gave me that advice. In hindsight, I guess I should've left it. Sorry for the mis-info. Since I was missing instructions I kinda had to punt.

T

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Mine is not lighted as of yet. Someone mentioed getting some little LED's that are actually screws to hold the plate on the bracket. I will look into doing that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Only reason to flip bolt would be if you place bracket on top of spacer with scribed marks for belt adjustment. The spacer for the bolt has a notch that would interfere with the fwd end of the license bracket. However, as most of you I hope did, you install the bracket under the noted spacer thus eliminating the interference. Anybody use Lite-n-boltz to illuminate their plate, I am considering this.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
myredwarrior-I wont be lighting the plate at all, but someone here has a great setup with an LED mounted under the rear fender pointed at the plate to illuminate it. That was a classy touch.

Kansas- I think that was why I origially flipped it, but after I looked it over, I guess I just left it flipped even though I mounted it behind the spacer and didnt need to. Thats the problem with late night projects. I will be putting it back tonite now that it has been brought to my attention. Thanks to you for the hookup with James at Badsport. I think you were one of the first ones I saw with one of these on a Warrior. I'm satisfied with it so far, it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yo Timmy, what is the link info/picture for the directed LED at the plate, I had planned to do something different, no need to re-invent the wheel. I will incorporate this into the taillight mod I plan on doing as soon as I get a light to modify. Cheers hombre.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts