RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Made a quick video, first YouTube video of the difference in case anyone is interested. If you listen with headphones with good bass the sound is pretty spot on.

JV_Warrior intrigued me to create one.

Registered
Those pipes sound better with the baffles in. The sound is a bit tinny with them out, but then again in 12,000 miles away lol.馃槑馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Those pipes sound better with the baffles in. The sound is a bit tinny with them out, but then again in 12,000 miles away lol.
I agree! Riding it with the baffles for a week there is a strange sound buffering behavior when using the engine to slow down at a certain rpm. Like opening one window on the freeway in a sedan lol. It bugs the heck out of me but I just clutch in or shift gears.

It's way quieter starting it up now at the house but can definitely tell it's a big old vtwin down the block.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Registered
I鈥檓 a baffle out guy ...

Not liking the fluffy sound at all when you take off. It is quieter though so depends what your looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I鈥檓 a baffle out guy ...

Not liking the fluffy sound at all when you take off. It is quieter though so depends what your looking for.

Since it's so easy to remove I do plan on riding without baffles in a few weeks to see if I just needed to get used to the sound. We will see!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I鈥檓 a baffle out guy ...

I took the baffles out today and rode around at lunch. Sounds much better and seems to run a little better as well. I think for now I'm just going to forget my neighbors feelings until I get complaints Haha. I didnt have tunes before so now that I have music, the pipes sound perfect.

Registered
Best way to remove the baffles? I am going to buy a slide hammer tomorrow. Don鈥檛 want to mess up the baffles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Best way to remove the baffles?

I used one of my gun cleaning steel picks. Just stuck it in the screw hole and pulled it out. I put it in the same way only took a few minutes.

Registered
I used one of my gun cleaning steel picks. Just stuck it in the screw hole and pulled it out. I put it in the same way only took a few minutes.

Oh shoot. I have some steel pics. I may try that first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts