RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a leather bag on my front forks just below the headlight - looks AWESOME...one problem. I didn't realize the distance the front shocks traveled and was disappointed when I saw that the bottom of the bag work teh top coat and first paint layer off of the top of my fender. Any suggestions - I would like to keep the bag - I can't believe that I am the only person to try this. I considered putting a small playing card size chrome plate on top of the fender to protect it and dress it up alittle at the same time.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Hey Sammy, Dunno that you would want to stop the fork travel. One location I have seen for the bag is on the front down tubes (frame tubes) below the oil filter. I have mine hanging off the throttle side rear fender stay. It should be visable in one of the PICS I have posted.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
sammy,I put the bag on the frame tubes in front of the oil filter.You can see it in the picture in the gallery.It's been there for a couple thousand miles now,no problems.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had originally thought about putting it there - but then looked immediately at the "kickup" from the front as being a bad thing on a leather bag. The chrome plate would actually be epoxied to the fender itself but would not limit the fork travel at all. It would travel with the forks. I thought the bag looked good on the front - I just can't imagine I am the first to try it and then say "oh ****".

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
yea it does get dirty but I just wash it off with the rest of the bike.Putting the bag below the headlight may not give the forks enough room to bottom out.

·
Registered
744 Posts
quote: I can't believe that I am the only person to try this.

I learned the hard way on my Marauder, that had more clearance. [xx(]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts