RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, new to the forum. I just bought a 2004 warrior and it is missing almost all of the air intake parts. Based on my research they have done a big air kit under the tank, an AIS delete of some sort, and who knows what else. There is a PCIII installed under the seat, but all bars are set to default, so I am guessing it isn't tuned for all the mods.
I am wondering how to make the left and right sides look prettier. I don't like all the wires and stuff sticking out. every search I do online doesn't seem to come up with any replacement parts for those covers. I am also wondering if there's a list of all the common mods people do to these things so I can figure out what all was done to it. Handlebars are bent, fork seals leak, dies sometimes when rocked to the left after being warmed up, but otherwise a good bike.
Thanks!
- Laz
0212201742a.jpg 0212201741.jpg 0212201742.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,385 Posts
I can see that someone hacked-up the AIS & FPR bracket and that there is a Fuel Management Controller Installed. The AIS plates are visible in your 1st photo (y)
IMHO ... the stock AIS Chrome ABS Cover (LH side) is attractive and I've recently sold my Speed* AIS cover and also the Speed* Intake (RH side).
For the LH side I would suggest you put up an AD in the Wanted section for a AIS bracket & Cover with hardware.
For the RH side you'll need to be creative. I believe Baron still sells a RH cover that mounts to the TPS bracket with a single screw if I'm not mistaken.
This Link might be of interest for a visual of the stock AIS bracket: AIS Speedstar Cover Chop
My recent addition to the RH side: HD Air Wing Horn Cover

Here's an early photo of my ride from 2006 with the stock AIS cover

DSCN2145.JPG

Recent view of my ride taken in October 2019 while putting it to sleep

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see that someone hacked-up the AIS & FPR bracket and that there is a Fuel Management Controller Installed. The AIS plates are visible in your 1st photo (y)
IMHO ... the stock AIS Chrome ABS Cover (LH side) is attractive and I've recently sold my Speed* AIS cover and also the Speed* Intake (RH side).
For the LH side I would suggest you put up an AD in the Wanted section for a AIS bracket & Cover with hardware.
For the RH side you'll need to be creative. I believe Baron still sells a RH cover that mounts to the TPS bracket with a single screw if I'm not mistaken.
This Link might be of interest for a visual of the stock AIS bracket: AIS Speedstar Cover Chop
My recent addition to the RH side: HD Air Wing Horn Cover

Here's an early photo of my ride from 2006 with the stock AIS cover

View attachment 247233

Recent view of my ride taken in October 2019 while putting it to sleep

Awesome, thank you! I used to work as a machinist so I might try to mod something for the right side. I'll see if I can find that bracket too.

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
It almost looks like a coil plate in the 3rd picture (look up coil relocation plate)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It almost looks like a coil plate in the 3rd picture (look up coil relocation plate)
Interesting... Sounds like it's time to tear the thing apart and get a better idea of what all has been messed with. I'm not against mods, just against mods that are done "wrong" lol.

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Look up on how to remove the tank which is pretty easy and it will give you a better idea of what is happening down there and to clean it up a bit.

Also if you look up "left side clean up" there are ways to pretty much remove/relocate all that stuff and give a nice very of that beautiful engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look up on how to remove the tank which is pretty easy and it will give you a better idea of what is happening down there and to clean it up a bit.

Also if you look up "left side clean up" there are ways to pretty much remove/relocate all that stuff and give a nice very of that beautiful engine.
Awesome, thank you! that gives me some ideas. I'm probably going to go for a shroud to tuck all the right side wiring into and relocate all the left side stuff to under the tank. Modify the upper bracket but keep it for structure between the two cylinders.

·
Premium Member
8,385 Posts
As stated by both Heftysmurf & madtom421 respectively there is a Coil/Sensor relocate plate & Dyna Coil Install and also a non stock air intake and the reason you have a fuel management system ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As stated by both Heftysmurf & madtom421 respectively there is a Coil/Sensor relocate plate & Dyna Coil Install and also a non stock air intake and the reason you have a fuel management system ;)
Alright cool!
Now at least I know what mods to try to find a map for. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
8,385 Posts
Here's a screen shot of the RH side that I put together in cad to design the laser bracket. I scaled the photo of my bike and then designed the bracket to fit as req'd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts