RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have been around since the begining I should know this but... I have decided to do a BAK [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif], just can't stand the air box anymore. I like the filters with the chrome. I know Bill has instructions on his site but they might be dated. Who has the best instructions / parts list out there. Also I need a plate to mount everyting on, does someone sell them pre fabed (just the plate) or does anyone have a template out there?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah know what you mean, I finally broke down and installed the Stealth BAK that was sitting in my garage for 4 months. Redhorse has the best installation instructions for BAK, Coil relocation and AIS blockoff that I have seen. He includes part numbers for the DIY BAK.

http://users.adelphia.net/~redhorse/index.htm

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Yeah, both RedHorse's and Bill's write-ups for the BAK are sweet. RedHorse includes another plate to mount the KrankVent filters, et al. Very clean work, IMHO...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I want to get rid of the coils also. RedHorse nice job /emoticons/emotion-5.gif I am going to order the filters tommrow. Gotta make a parts list tonight so I make sure I get everything.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see redhors is using the ET-Performance SPYKE Krank Vent that is $99 bucks, do you need that? What is the deal with the crank vent?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
programmergeek, BSR is making Coil relocation plates. They look pretty nice. [8D] Twisted has a picture of it in the gallery.

rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4086

badsport.com

I made a few extra coil plates and sold a couple to guys here, but I don't have time to finish the rest of them up at this time. BSR is the way to go if you don't want to make them yourself.

As for the KrankVent... no it's not necessary for this mod.

You can search for threads regarding the krankvent. You have guys from both sides of the fence for (worth it camp) and against (waste of $ camp) it. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][B)]

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dam just bought a $20 piece of alumin this morning to make it, but I think I will go with the BSR plate and save time. What else do I need besides filters. and I saw som hoseing.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Jason,
We'll come up with some other mods so your aluminum doesn't go to waste. RedHorse's second bracket to hold the LCV and Krankvent breather comes to mind. So does the fuel pressure regulator.
Anyway, everything reaches without cutting and splicing. You'll just need basics like a bunch of small machine bolts with locking nuts (and/or Loctite) and a couple of small hose clamps. Ace hardware will have it all.
Have fun. All the wires look overwhelming at first but it really does go pretty smoothly. My hat was off to whoever took the first try at doing this mod.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kewl, Redhorse I went to there site and didn't see the part listed so I sent an email to the guy in WA and haven't heard back. No phone # listed. How do you order this thing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts