RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going come off disparaging as all ****. But, somebody's got to say it. The BANNER ADS SUCK ! If it's my computer & not the website, I stand corrected & take it back. But if RSWARRIOR has finally come of age and this is what happens as a result. Then it's only a matter of time I & others will be looking for somewhere else to go. Different motive, same outcome, remember Delphi Warrior !

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
There are no pop-up ads running on this site. If you have Pop-up ads taking over your computer then run a program called AdAware from LavaSoft.

If you are complaining about the 1 banner that is on the top of every page then sorry; deal with it. This site has had a banner on every page since the start... now there are just different ones.

Yea, I remember Delphi... they have banners too.

On a side note... everyone should run AdAware at least once a month to keep their computer free of spyware.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
If your getting pop-up ad banners (not comming from this site), try download this free pop-up blocker software:

Pop_Up Stopper 'Free Edition'
http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree.html

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Keep in mind, Wally, that Carknee is keeping this a free site. If it weren't for the minimal advertising, it would all be coming out of Carknee's pocket, like it was for so long.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
gosh, I hardly even notice that thing up there!! It is no worse than some of our own sigs!!! didn't the delfi forum go down because we, most of us abbandoned it!! Becuase the Admin. was a dumbass!!! I don't even remember the adds, i must have came here before the adds!!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Wat the heck carknee? I just noticed that you are member number 2!! who is number one?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
quote:Originally posted by redbullssg

Wat the heck carknee? I just noticed that you are member number 2!! who is number one?

The Admin account is #1. It is the default account that was setup with the Forums. I made some posts as Admin, but I decided to stay CarKnee.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
ahhh, gottcha!! so really you have like 1460 some posts!!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I juat want to say a great big genuine thanks to all the people who make this forum what it is. It has been huge for me. Anything I want to do to my bike I can see what it looks like ask how well it works and find out all the downsides without having to learn the hard way. You guy's a doing a great job. If you're ever in the Calgary area it's worth a steak (Alberta beef the best in the world)and a beer.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
And back to the banner issue...
They are working! Newbies to the warrior and site dont know what the MD Wright tail light is, the banner explains it pretty well.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
banners? Pop up? Don't know what you are talking about, I don't get any of these where ever i surf. course i have a good firewall with add blocking enabled. Love this sight my only bitch is that it costs me to much money. LOL

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yesterday, and I tested it repeatedly, I was getting swamped with Pop-Ups each & every time I went tohttp://www.rswarrior.com. I've not added or deleted any software on this computer. Today it's clearly not happening. Go figure...

The bike related links at the top of the page I consider benificial.

My thanks to all who contribute here.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Go and run AdAware... I bet you have some spyware on your computer. SpyWare gets on your computer without you even knowing it! (You actually go to install some legit software, and it gets installed at the same time)

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I always thought you L.E.D. guys were crazy but that md wright add kept flashing it's turn signals at me. Now I'm going to order one. I'm such a sucker.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

See, I am missing the MD Wright stuff because of a recently installed firewall software. I don't get ANY of the pop up adds anymore. Nothing...

I found several files on my computer that had been "dropped in" through my DSL connection. They were put in the My Pictures and My Documents folders and each time I went in to view a photo, they would pop up and try to install. Turns out Carknee and the guys are completely correct...it's spyware. I ran the software and it found 86 files that had been dropped in on me.

If you want your computer protected, invest the $79 buck and buy a firewall package.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Okay lets get our terminology straight. The Buckster ad, and the MD Wright ad, etc are banners, not pop-ups. I have never gotten a pop-up surfing this site. AdAware checks for spyware, that is software that stores information about where you surf, and transmits it back to a company who then sells the demographic information. Pop-up ads are advertisments that, as the name suggests, pop-up in a new window while you are surfing the net. As others mentioned www.panicware.com makes a free version of software that works well. As for firewall software, a good idea for all computers, Zone Alarm makes a free version available on their web site www.zonelabs.com. All the products mentioned here; AdAware, Zone Alarm, and Pop-up stopper, have more feature rich versions for sale as well as the free versions. Here is a link with more information about a variety of things that can go on in your computer without your knowledge, and a list of programs to help.http://www.mercury.org.uk/A&D.htm

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Pop up ads will take over your computer if you have some specific spyware installed. Therefore if you run AdAware, it will remove the spyware and stop pop up ads that are not supposed to appear on certain sites.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Ad-aware is great stuff (and the price is right!) I had LOFT and a couple of other spyware infestations, Ad-aware took care of it. And I wouldn't surf without Popup-Stopper, I have no patience for pop-ups.

I like the banners on this site, they are tasteful and bring new vendors and items to my attention that I didn't know about.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I thought the MD Wright banner was cool as heck!!! Sold me I'm waiting on delivery of my "new tailight" By the way, mentioned RS Warrior.com and they took off $5.00

1 - 20 of 22 Posts