RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i received my barnett clutch, brand new of course and the roller bearing was bad, and if installed it could have locked up or exploded sending metal into the crankcase and possibly the rider onto the ground.Weather it was a bad drop when the bearing was made or just a bad install job, it would have resulted in nothing good.Open your package stick your finger in the bearing and give the clitch spin, you shouldnt feel Any roughness, only the slight smooth resistance the grease in the bearing takes up.

Other than that the clutch is awsome!

Chris

·
Administrator
30,408 Posts
Good catch, I'm glad you checked it out. Was it just by chance that you caught it?

chris umber said:
i received my barnett clutch, brand new of course and the roller bearing was bad, and if installed it could have locked up or exploded sending metal into the crankcase and possibly the rider onto the ground.Weather it was a bad drop when the bearing was made or just a bad install job, it would have resulted in nothing good.Open your package stick your finger in the bearing and give the clitch spin, you shouldnt feel Any roughness, only the slight smooth resistance the grease in the bearing takes up.

Other than that the clutch is awsome!

Chris

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i suppose you can say by chance... Ive had experince with poorly installed or defective ball/roller bearings in the past. not on the bike luckly.Ive had clutch throw out bearings literally grenade and make it nearly impossibe to operate the clutch (on a car), ive repaired bad wheel bearing repairjobs, and seen the chaos a little ball bearing can do to a nice set of transmisison gears in a semi transmission... Needless to say i check about every bearing before and after its installed. if a ball or roller bearingdoesnt operate as smooth as silk, especially when dry, its not going on my or any other persons vehicle if i have anything do to with it.
Not only that i found it amusing to see how fast i could spin iton my finger before itook aslice off my knuckle...Plus who wouldnt spin the clutch plate? The first thing anyone did when igave it to em theystuck theirfinger in thebearing and spun the thing before i even said anything.. I guess its just too perty not to

·
Administrator
30,408 Posts
the romance of the bearings LOL its just a guy thing

chris umber said:
Not only that i found it amusing to see how fast i could spin iton my finger before itook aslice off my knuckle...Plus who wouldnt spin the clutch plate? The first thing anyone did when igave it to em theystuck theirfinger in thebearing and spun the thing before i even said anything.. I guess its just too perty not to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts