RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m kinda new to this, My clutch was starting to slip and I am replacing with Barnett clutch plates and spring kit. Is there a specific order the clutch plates have to go in, or can I just slap them in there? Trying to do the job myself to save some money and learn how to work on things myself

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
A great write up here.
Also be advised if you're using the technical service manual that the earlier versions of it without the supplements have the wrong Arrangements of the clutch plates. But follow this right up and YouTube videos and it will set you straight. It mentioned to doing the full plate mod but all the steps of the same for you except you're not replacing the half friction plates with full ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yep, what he said.
Watch the videos a few times and if yer unsure, stop, assess and correct as needed. It’s pretty straightforward.

·
Administrator
28,977 Posts
Get the free e-copy of the service manual, get the one that has the two supplements included. Review the original manual AND both supplements.

Notice how to ID plate orientation and install order, and notice the wear tolerance for the steels and other parts. Also notice how the Push lever (pull lever) is oriented and installed. Then pay attention during actual disassembly and it will pay huge dividends during re-assembly.

Get current info from Barnett on their friction discs: do they need to be oil-soaked in advance or is there a change. They might include an install sheet for their kevlar friction discs. But if not then you really want to ask them for current info.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I would also suggest getting a new clutch cable as well just to complete circle of life. Doing all of this will be a world of difference.
I also noticed this is your first post and you joined 1 day ago.
Could you tell us about your bike?
Mods and what you have done to it?
It could just be as simple as a clutch cable adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts