RS Warrior Forum banner

Barnett clutch

1K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Archangel_369th 
#1 ·
Hey yall! I'm having a hard time finding a new gasket and a Barnett conversion kit for my 02. Does anybody have a link or know of a site where I can purchase these?

#2 ·
Search gasket: 5VN-15451-00-00
TIP: Take all the time needed to gently remove every tiny trace of the old gasket without scratching or gouging the metal, this is critical. Dab lithium grease to hold gasket in place on the pins for reassembly. Use a dab on the push(pull) lever bearing to hold it in proper alignment. Then the side cover installs easier. Just go easy.

Search: Barnett SR2 / 511-90-10002 clutch pp and spring assembly (gold springs). Optionally you can get very firm green springs or very very firm red springs. Plus consider a Barnett teflon lined clutch cable kit. Call Barnett for help on part number they are nice folks.

#4 ·
Guys.. i am new to the rswarrior.. i have a 2003 RSW with about 48K on it and in the last 4k i have noticed that when i open the throttle, it revs high and doesn't seems to move faster.. sign of slipping clutch.

I have ordered Barnett Conversion kit 511-90-10002 and green springs as a secondary option. My concern is that do i orser new friction plates and Steel plates or use the existing ones? Since everything is already open, do i just get new clutch plates?

QUESTION:
1.Do i order OEM plates or any other brand?
2.Do i use the gold springs that come with the Barnett conversion kit or use the green ones if they are better for the life of the plates?
3.anyone in the Toronto Canada area that has done this MOD?
4. Any good write up on the forums about the process and tip i need to follow?

I hate the slipping of the clutch. Otherwise, I love my RSW 😍.

#5 ·
Search for 2-3 full plate mod. It has a good write up.
Most likely your frictions and steels will be fine. Yamaha OEM frictions are the best for the bike.
I did the 3 full plate mod and the barnett's and I went with all new frictions since I didnt want to mix new and used ones. But that was probably unnecessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I’m hoping to do the same.
I ordered up Barnett’s clutch plate and got it in two days.
I ordered up new OEM steels off of eBay and get them in three days.
However, I ordered up a full set of the full friction plates and a gasket from Boats.net 9 days ago and they are not here.

I’m not sure what’s going on down there with them cuzz in the past, they’ve been really good at shipping stuff pretty quickly.

I called them and I was #101 on the queue hold list so I sent them an email.

arrrrg... want to get this done before the weekend:confused:

#8 ·
It might be unnecessary but might as well since you have it all apart.
Peace of mind I reckon, knowing that all of it is brand new.
I’m doing the 3 plate mod as well.
All new OEM steels and plates.
She outta jump out of the hole like dropping a frog in a pot of boiling water :D

#9 ·
and if your belt is in poor shape you'll soon find out. Ask me how I know...
Boats.net is usually pretty good but I've waited as many as 10 days to get stuff from them because they use UPS mail innovations where UPS has the Postal Service do the last mile delivery. And that's only shipping Atlanta to Boston. West coast would be worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Guys.. just did the mod last night.. i decided to do the 2 plate mod and install the barnett SR-2 KIT... LET ME TELL YOU. What a day and night difference in the actual performance of the bike.. Thanks everyone for the input.. due to covid.. it was pain to get my hands on all my parts.. but finally got them 3 days ago. No more slippage and bike responds really nice. Listed below are the pics:

Honeslty.. this is worth every penny spent on this mod.. The 2 plate MOD makes a huge difference in the clutch grab and the pressure plate ( gold springs) makes the bike more responsive and zero slippage.
Also i tried and used the 20w40 Amsoil synthetic oil V-TWIN and KN filter. Feels like a complete different bike. I have the green springs as well but going to try the gold before making my clutch anymore stiffer.
Parts used are below:

This is the OEM PLATES USED:

This is the Gasket ( my original one was fine but better to order in case its needed):

This is the BARNETT Plate I used. The SR-2 (PURPLE color with gold springs):

And this is the oil and filter I upgraded to:

If you are using stock pressure plate.. this is a must upgrade to the BARNETT SR-2.
You will notice a day and night difference.
Thanks everyone for your input, if anyone need any guidence to how to go about or order the parts in Canada. I will be happy to help.cheers!!

#19 ·
I ordered my OEM PLATES from local dealers in canada if ur in the U.S..there are tons of motorcycle shops that can order the OEM friction plates. For the BARNETT pressure plate kit.. I used EBAY and the link below. Good luck with the mod. You would love it:

#20 ·
Follow the steps on the forum below. This is the best step by step on RSWARRIOR:

#22 ·
I agree, I also just did this mod a couple of weeks ago, no more slippage. I only did the Barnett pressure plate though. I was going to do the 2 plate mod but after waiting 2 weeks to receive my parts they only sent 1 friction plate instead of 2, I was impatient and eager to ride so I just installed the pressure plate. That alone is a night and day difference in the bike! 👍

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.