RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need to vent here for a second.

I truly love the Barnett conversion kit, so I had the 'brilliant' idea to purchase the Barnett 'stronger' clutch cable. So all well and dandy, up to the Barnett web site and have a look. And behold, a nice black cable for $63.36. Okay the US dollar is a bit high for me now, but better to have a new stronger cable then snap my stock cable and be stuck on the side of the road. So all happy and enthusiastic, go and purchase it. So filled in all the details, try to submit, and what....... big pop-up that tells me not to proceed if I am outside the US. Note to contact sales. Okay, can understand this as there are a lot of con-men out there so email it was. 3 days later, receive the anticipated email and i fell of my chair.... SEVENTY-FIVE fricking $$$$$ to send one bubble wrap envelope with one cable in it. So after picking myself up from the floor, assuming this must have been a mistake, wrote another email. I explained that people ship a whole tank for that kind of money, and that I only need one cable in a USPS satchel or envelope, not flown via private jet and delivered in a limousine to my door. So another 2 days later, same response. I understand there are extra cost involved but this is just killing me. I like the Barnett gear, but with this kind of treatment, they can just shove it somewhere. Now I am stuck, as we do have importers of Barnett gear here down under but they do not stock Warrior cables and are not interested in getting this either. Ebay only sells the stainless style ones and I just want a simple black one. Sigh, back to the drawing board and see if I can get something locally that is of the same quality.

SOOOOO ......... BARNETT ....... UP YOURS

With kind regards

Dutch :cool:

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Dutch, have you checked the rate it would cost to ship it to you yourself? If it's substantially cheaper as you suspect and you would want to go that way, I feel like one of us in the US could have it shipped to us and forwarded to you? If you can't find something locally and just want it in a USPS package/envelope and know for sure what the shipping cost is, that could be an option.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AZ,

I take your word normally as gospel, but even you have to agree, that shipping a cable to AU for $75 is daylight robbery. I just shipped an item to USA , insured and signed for delivery (<500 gram) for 23 dollars AU, that is $18 US. I get all my parts from the USA as prices here are over the top, or items are not available (like this) but this is just 'a to hard basket' for the supplier and it does p1$$e$ me to tears. Apology, rant is still going on. Thank you for your input, as this is always appreciated, but have to disagree here.

Dutch

US businesses are stuck in the middle and have little choice in all the paperwork and reporting. Getting worse all the time. Ask Barnett which dealer orders most often and go thru them. Batches cost less.
One-off to AUS / NZ is a long flight. I hate it but I do not know how to solve it these days.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heff,

My old friend, yes thought about that too but shipito is shrinking and only has one warehouse available. Still have my rant as this is just stupid. Thanks for your input though, appreciated. Time for a beer and meet, it has been a long time with the family

Dutch

Dutchie use shipito account. Barnett usually ship free in lower 48 to a shipto account then only $15-25 sent down under. That what they charged for my last two cables.

Heff

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't understand international shipping rates at all, either. I sent some popcorn to a friend in Poland and it cost me $25 and some change. The popcorn was only about $5. I told him this was a one time thing. Outrageous!

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a late reply to this thread but want to clarify something. Barnett only charges what they are charged by USPS. Not a penny is added to the cost and passed on to the customer. No hidden charges. If we quote something at $60.00, as we do not have a firm cost until the item is weighed and codes are entered, and it actually comes to $50.00, we will only pass on the $50.00, not what was quoted. We have no 'handling and packing' fees. Nothing but the cost we pay.

·
Registered
749 Posts
It happens all the time with international shipping. I once had my dyno supplier send me some product to test. I got a free Rapid Bike module and harness as well as an auto tune communication cable with a special dongle built in. All well and good. I just had to pay the shipping from Holland to the united States.

$150.00 Gulp. WTF?

Then I had to send something back for repair. I asked UPS to give me quotes on air freight and slow freight. Slow was one week at $200. Air was 3 days at $225. that's when I suddenly understood the ridiculous shipping charge for my auto tune stuff was not the supplier's fault, but their hands are tied by the choices of carrier into and out of that country.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
If you like I can check what it would cost to ship iot to you by Canada Post. The problem is that I would have to find the part here in Canada as it would probably cost some$$ to have it shipped here from the US. The free shipping to the US does not get to me for free.
Do you have the part number as I have a company here I use that has qwuick and free shipping over $49. I can see if they have your part in stock and then get you a price for teh part as well as for shipping to you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts