RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Maybe so. But here is what I still noticed. In my photos of the bearing that I pulled out of the BPP and in your photos of the same bearing marked 7003B, the font is different:

And VXB 7003B on your photo has 12 balls. But in the current version of the BPP with an angular contact bearing 7003 with a textolite cage, 11 balls are installed.

In addition, in my case, the balls washed the groove in the outer cage, which I mentioned in my topic about the claim to Burnett. Most likely, the bearings still differ in the manufacturer. I have verified in my practice that the 7003 BPP installed from the factory is of poor quality. Perhaps bought separately 7003 wich made by well-known brand will do better :rolleyes:

PS
It can be seen in the photo that on your BPP anodizing has worn:

Please specify if did you modified the clutch layout to 2-full disk or 3-full disk?

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Maybe so. But here is what I still noticed. In my photos of the bearing that I pulled out of the BPP and in your photos of the same bearing marked 7003B, the font is different:

And VXB 7003B on your photo has 12 balls. But in the current version of the BPP with an angular contact bearing 7003 with a textolite cage, 11 balls are installed.

In addition, in my case, the balls washed the groove in the outer cage, which I mentioned in my topic about the claim to Burnett. Most likely, the bearings still differ in the manufacturer. I have verified in my practice that the 7003 BPP installed from the factory is of poor quality. Perhaps bought separately 7003 wich made by well-known brand will do better :rolleyes:
I noticed the slightly different model number stamping gont but like with the koyo beatings above they changed what markings were on the bearings. Us not knowing where they were produced and/or if they were off the same assembly line or even the same years will only leave us guessing. But we know there koyo packed for Yamaha. This could be the case with the 2 7003B bearings. I am waiting to hear back from a couple people regarding them. I'm also not to far from Barnett here in Ventura so I may take a trip back there to have a word with them.

On a side note, there sending me a new bearing so I'll post the info and pics when I get them.

Some more news has came up aswell regarding the Barnett pressure plate bearings. They seem to also or now have the 7003B steel cage design as of this year. I will only guess that they are VXB Angular Contact bearings.

S
It can be seen in the photo that on your BPP anodizing has worn:

Please specify if did you modified the clutch layout to 2-full disk or 3-full disk?
Yes, my Anodizing has one down.
I have around 30K miles (48280 kilometers) on an all new clutch with the 3 full plate mod and Barnett pressure plate with red springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Also it might be good to note where/which factory (country) that bearing is made.
Brands do not put such marks on the bearings. For several years now I have been successfully buying bearings by type and size, and not in a box with the inscription "Yamaha". Before that, I collected information, searched for what puts Yamaha in its boxes. It turned out that she uses mainly Koyo and NTN. I chose product Koyo. And on the products of these brands I did not see the marking where they are made. Only on the packaging. Accordingly, when choosing personally, you bear responsibility and a brand that you have trusted your choice. And in the case of parts in a product, you remain in the dark. I asked a representative of Barnett what brand of bearing 7003 they puted, where it was made. But the answer is silence.

If there is time today, I will look for a box from the bearing Koyo 7003FY that I set in my BPP, I will look for an indication of where it was produced. Also, I have in stock a bearing SKF 6003, a new one in the package, I'll see what is written on it. And Koyo 6003 2RS, who ran almost 4 thousand kilometers in my motorcycle and remained completely intact.
Some more news has came up aswell regarding the Barnett pressure plate bearings. They seem to also or now have the 7003B steel cage design as of this year. I will only guess that they are VXB Angular Contact bearings.
As I already said:
But if in the subsequent batches of the BPP the bearing is replaced, it will actually prove their wrong calculation, their mistake in choosing the components.
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/3863268-post51.html
Barnett behaves predictably and primitively.
on an all new clutch with the 3 full plate mod and Barnett pressure plate with red springs.
Thanks for the information! Also noticed wear of anodizing in the same place. After 6 thousand kilometers, only a few minor scratches. But they are clearly visible due to anodizing. In the past, I used BPP without modifying the clutch package and after 35 thousand kilometers anodizing was without any damage.

------------

Rummaged in a package of spare parts.

Here is what I found.
NSK 6003, new, in box. It has the marking of the country of manufacture, on the box (a little worn out) and on the outer clip.

Box from Koyo 7003FY, from bearing which I puted in the BPP. On the box it says that it is made in Japan. But was no information indicated on it's cages about the country of it manufacture.

In the box from Koyo 7003FY stored Koyo 6003 2RS, which I used in the BPP for almost 4 thousand kilometers. He is OK. There is no marking on the bearing race, only on the protective seal. There are markings and the country of manufacture.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
From the a rep at vxb. They supply 7003B to Barnett.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
May be. I searched on the VBX website for the phrase 7003. The site returned 13 results:

https://www.vxb.com/searchresults.asp?Search=7003

Only one bearing has similar color separator - S7003. But only color.

https://www.vxb.com/S7003-17x35x10-Premium-ABEC-5-Ceramic-p/kit12981.htm

All others have a different look, the color of the separator, the number of balls is different.

Representatives may say different things, but so far not at any well-known manufacturer of bearings in it's catalog I have not found the that mythical bearing that they puted in the BPP, and for which Barnett is for some reason afraid to refer :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
May be. I searched on the VBX website for the phrase 7003. The site returned 13 results:

https://www.vxb.com/searchresults.asp?Search=7003

Only one bearing has similar color separator - S7003. But only color.

https://www.vxb.com/S7003-17x35x10-Premium-ABEC-5-Ceramic-p/kit12981.htm

All others have a different look, the color of the separator, the number of balls is different.

Representatives may say different things, but so far not at any well-known manufacturer of bearings in it's catalog I have not found the that mythical bearing that they puted in the BPP, and for which Barnett is for some reason afraid to refer :confused:
Here's a short convo regarding the 7003B Nylon cage.
There's not a picture of it on there website as it just shows a picture of the steel cage version. There also currently out of stock on the steel cage version.

((Your previous message

I noticed that the 7003B bearing has a plastic cage. It looks nothing like the bearing with the steel cage show in the advertised pictures.
I had to install the bearing but would like to know if you have the bearing with the steel cage as in your pictures?

irvineman:

Hello,

I am so sorry about that. The nylon cage is actually made for high RPM application and has a higher rpm rating. We do have the steel race as well. If that one fails you, let me know and I will get you the steel cage one. The nylon cage one is more expensive as well.

Your previous message

How is the heat rating on the one I ordered? The bearing is being used in a motorcycle clutch pressure plate. I'm worried about failure due from heat to the to nylon cage.

irvineman:

The highest temp is 250ºF, the steel one is for that heat rating also. The steel is not treated for anything higher.

Your previous message

Thank you. The engine doesn't reach nearly that high.
Do the 2 different bearings have the same overall ratings besides the higher rpm ratings?
Dynamic load, static load, angle contact degree?

irvineman:

Hello,

Yes, the rest of the specifications are identical. ))

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
I do not want to test bearings with a plastic cage in my experience anymore)))
Other will decide for themselves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally replaced my Barnett throw out bearing after around 30 K miles.
I had no issues but from day 1 it was louder then others I've heard.
I only changed it cause of the noise it made.
This new one is very quiet but looks different.

7003B Bearing Angular Contact 17x35x10

VXB 7003B Single Row Angular Contact
For Axial & Radial Loads
Spindle Ball Bearing
17mm x 35mm x 10mm
12 ball

I'm not sure why the VXB 7003B it has plastic but i installed it anyway.
(I might have to call the company up in regards to the bearing)
The original Barnett 6003 deep grove one I removed is all metal with 10 balls but mine was noisy when engaging the clutch.

Besides taking the pressure off a couple times the removal and install of the bearing was easy.

The way I removed the old bearing from the pressure plate was to set the plate down on a flat firm hard surface and set a 7/16" 1/2"Drive socket into the bearing from the front side and lightly tap if with a hammer till the bearing came out.

Then with the new bearing you set it into the freezer and set the pressure plate on the stove with the flame low. You wanna get the pressure plate hot to expand and get the bearings freezing cold to contract.

Get the bearings out of the freezer, shut the stove off and quickly insert the bearing. It should drop in and be pushed down all the way.
Let the pressure plate cool enough to hold by hand.

(Btw, make sure when installing new bearings you install in the correct direction. I installed backwards and had to rebuild it haha)

As mentioned I installed backwards and didn't kmow till I gave it a try in the bike and lost clutch.
I pulled the inner race and bearings out while leaving the outer race stuck.
No big deal as this may help others who had issues and loosing their bearing.

To remove the outer race from the pressure plate just heat it on the stove as was done getting ready To install the bearing.
Let it get Hot and smack the plate down on something hard like the counter or table and the race should pop out downwards.

Relevant info -
Pressure plate Spring/Bearing info and usage- Stock/Barnett
Which direction should the new bearing face? The old one went grenade so it's not giving me any clues

21 - 30 of 30 Posts