RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered it to hopefully stop the popping on my bike. I just replaced both of my air filters with new K&N filters so I do not have the desire to rip out the stock airbox under the tank at this moment. Has anyone here kept the stock box under the tank and done the Barons kit? Can you reach your hands inside the stock airbox and block off and put on the rubber nipple?

Going to do it tomorrow I think and thee thought just jumped into my head. You must be able to.....Right?

Bryans RS video and another video online both have aftermarket air set ups under the tank so I wasn't 100 percent sure.

Thank you in advance for your time and help in this matter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got up from the garage. Did it from the two videos online that i found. This PDF is even better though. Thank you very much. The elbows were difficult to remove but I finally got them and donated a lil knuckle skin to the Yamaha Japanese gods. All set! It's late here so I don't wanna wake up the neighbors so hopefully tomorrow I can take it for a quick ride and see how the decel popping and backfiring does now.

Thank you Arizona for your help once again. I used the search before I posted this initially but lots of photos from years ago have been removed from the internet. Somehow I missed this PDF. Looking at it know makes me feel happy knowing I did it the right way. Whew!

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
So did it work?
I couldn't imagine putting that airbox on and off all the times I have removed the tank to work on the bike.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So did it work?
I couldn't imagine putting that airbox on and off all the times I have removed the tank to work on the bike.
It did not work in my opinion. Bike seems to still be running hesitantly and popping upon deceleration. Honestly, at this moment, I am thinking that the Yamaha dealership never put a map into the PCIII at all. I am just looking for a person with a PC computer so I can download a map from here to put inside of it.

Gotta find someone in Los Angeles area now.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Well when I purchased this Warrior it had a PC3 and when I got home to service her she did not have a map loaded, plugs looked like poo and filter looked like a birds nest. After the tune up and fresh fluids it was 100% better.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
It did not work in my opinion. Bike seems to still be running hesitantly and popping upon deceleration. Honestly, at this moment, I am thinking that the Yamaha dealership never put a map into the PCIII at all. I am just looking for a person with a PC computer so I can download a map from here to put inside of it.

Gotta find someone in Los Angeles area now.
Now I know why you're looking for someone in Los Angeles...

I'm actually looking to add a PCIII, AIS removal, Speedstar Pipes, and Churchkey VBAK to my bike one weekend soon. I'll see about getting setup for working with the PCIII first and do what I can to help you out... socially distanced of course... but it would be great to meet another local Warrior. What part of LA are you in?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im in Toluca Lake/Studio City area.

I'm not worried about a virus with a 99.4 percent recovery rate.
I wear a pair of my girls panties around town since no one has any regulations on what type of "Mask" we need. Laughs all around.
I can help you with the AIS if you need. Wasn't as bad as I thought to do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well when I purchased this Warrior it had a PC3 and when I got home to service her she did not have a map loaded, plugs looked like poo and filter looked like a birds nest. After the tune up and fresh fluids it was 100% better.
Since the Yamaha dealership filled this bike with 10 quarts of oil, I am quite confident they didn't install a map at the dealership. Just need a PC now to get one from this site into my bike to test out my theory.
Then its tire changing time!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Caledonian Warrior(GavMap) -
Yamaha Road Star Warrior
Vance & Hines Bigshots
Churchkey Big Air kit
AIS blockoff
Tweaked m403 & MattKC map
(tweeked the numbers in the 2% range, made them slightly richer, and also a few more along the 1000 and 1500 rev range. Now there is next to no backfiring or popping on decel, there is no cough while pulling away at junctions and the motor still pulls extremely well, even after 100mph. Plugs are good, tested at different revs.)
This one sounds great to me. I only have K&N air filters but I think it sounds so good with the additional tweaks that I want to try it first.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Im in Toluca Lake/Studio City area.

I'm not worried about a virus with a 99.4 percent recovery rate.
I wear a pair of my girls panties around town since no one has any regulations on what type of "Mask" we need. Laughs all around.
I can help you with the AIS if you need. Wasn't as bad as I thought to do.
Nice. I'm in Lake Balboa.

My wife is a medical provider and we have a tiny human so we can't afford any risks. That being said, I'm pretty comfortable being around people as I have to be every day for my job.

I'm working to get Windows running on my Macbook Air using Parallels (I did this 5 years ago but.... long story). Once I have that up and running, I can meet you somewhere to load up your PCIII. I have a Windows desktop too but not looking to haul that around.

Give me a few days and I should be ready to support if you don't get something sooner.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice. I'm in Lake Balboa.

My wife is a medical provider and we have a tiny human so we can't afford any risks. That being said, I'm pretty comfortable being around people as I have to be every day for my job.

I'm working to get Windows running on my Macbook Air using Parallels (I did this 5 years ago but.... long story). Once I have that up and running, I can meet you somewhere to load up your PCIII. I have a Windows desktop too but not looking to haul that around.

Give me a few days and I should be ready to support if you don't get something sooner.
I also have two of those life suckers (Tiny Humans) in my life. Lol.

We can bring the beasts out for a ride and just escape the kids!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Sounds like a plan!

I got Windows on my Mackbook Air setup and have the Dynotech software installed. I'll be testing this on my own PCIII this week to ensure it works correctly then we'll be ready to knock yours out.

I'll send a PM soon for offline follow up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am going to spend a couple of hours in the shop tomorrow and see if I can get these tires switched out, change the front and rear brake lines out, throttle cables and clutch line. All SS new instead of old and black....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts