RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
Nice. I'm in Lake Balboa.

My wife is a medical provider and we have a tiny human so we can't afford any risks. That being said, I'm pretty comfortable being around people as I have to be every day for my job.

I'm working to get Windows running on my Macbook Air using Parallels (I did this 5 years ago but.... long story). Once I have that up and running, I can meet you somewhere to load up your PCIII. I have a Windows desktop too but not looking to haul that around.

Give me a few days and I should be ready to support if you don't get something sooner.
I heard that you couldn鈥檛 get a boat in at Lake Balboa because the shores were too rocky馃槑馃槑馃悵

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Got the tires swapped, Both front and rear SS brake lines installed, and SS clutch cable installed. Will do the throttle push pull in a few days. Still runs like crap, lagging and backfiring. Hoping the map installation works and I have a bike again. Great day. Just got done polishing the bike up but its dark outside and I'm knackered. Tomorrows.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Sounds like a plan!

I got Windows on my Mackbook Air setup and have the Dynotech software installed. I'll be testing this on my own PCIII this week to ensure it works correctly then we'll be ready to knock yours out.

I'll send a PM soon for offline follow up.
Got the new tires installed, Front and rear SS brake lines, SS clutch cable today. Wiped down the bike and put it away. Tired. Still runs horrible, hiccuping and backfiring. I am positive that it is the lack of any map and the dealerships incompetence at this time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
New tires on the Warrior.
New SS Lines front and rear.
New SS Clutch line.
Need to do the throttle push/pull SS lines still.

Random_Guy from this very own website made an amazing gesture today and met me in person to help me put a map inside my PCIII. Seeing it on the computer, also helped us dial in the idle. I am very grateful for his knowledge and time in helping me understand the bike better and..................he noticed 2 things on my bike. 1) The previous owner had it lowered with the flip n grind already. 2) Helped me notice a bolt for the rear brake caliper that myself and my buddy mechanic left out!

New map in......Idles better. Takes off without a lag now. Small amount of backfires when I downshift hard but it was even loss noticeable then it was earlier on the day. The backfires when it even did were much more quiet and the sound of a 22 versus a shotgun previously. I am very grateful for his knowledge and time. I look forward to offering it back to the community in the future.

Thank you again, Random_Guy!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Very good of you Random Guy

But now we know what you look like your not so random

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're quite welcome! Glad it worked out and made a noticable improvement! Let's do some research and see if we can eliminate those pops completely.
After we go on a ride somewhere to grab a drink with the bikes. I need to ride this thing more than 10 blocks at a time now.

Registered
I like the end caps on the top triple tree, did you make them yourself?馃槑馃槑馃悵
I have not noticed them. Shame on me - like them (y)
End tips for curtain rods have sometimes cool designs as well and might fit the top of some screws at the bike. Below image just for example, as the inside diameter is different.
Sorry for high highjacking your baron kit thread......

21 - 40 of 40 Posts