RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
It looks nice, But it really justified the price?
when you are coming from a 150, the jump to a 240 is very noticeable but from a 210? and if that is a $2500 cost I will just save the money.
Alek5

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The wide rear tires have a significant effect on the way the bike enters the corner.

IMHO they are for looks or drag racing. If they helped or at least did not detract from handling we would see them on the super bikes that are road racing or even new R-1's.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
115 Posts
i'm with you all not worth the money even if you drag race the contact patch is still only going to be about two inches wide . if your drag raceing just let the air pressure down to 20lbs and you have all the bite you need for the horse power you have. most of our customers that have a r 1 and are capable of rideing it down size the rear one size for better handeling.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey guys it does look great!! But as far as for dragracing I talked to the guys at orient express and they assured me that it would present no benefit in a dragracing situation.But If you don't care about the handling it's looks great.We've been junping the gun about it and I think I've deciede against this mod for my bike (Lack of funds)and I think a better benefit would be head work and big bore kit. IT DOES LOOK WICKED!! Late Joe

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope not mine. I just figured a few people were hot for the 250 rear tire and wanted to see how the Baron's swingarm looks.

Personally I'm with you, I don't like the swingarm compared to stock and I cant imagine a whole lot of benefit from the 250 tire size. I think it would make the bike handle handle oddly in turns and I would bet the increase mass would slow the bike down in a drag race.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
i like the looks of it! looks awsome, i like how this person relocated the controls for drag race and look, but i wouldn't want to take it on a long haul.. i guess if your not into taking corners and dragin yur pipes, it would be the thing for ya, but the price is definatly not right.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I like the look and am considering it, the biggest cost factor is the new wider rear rim and of course a front one to match. I have the e-mail address of a company tha is supposed to widen rims, I will e-mail them today and see what the cost would be to widen my rear rim 11/2". CHOPTOP

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey choptop don't forget our wheel is a 17"and the 240 and 250 are 18" so I guess you may need to get it made taller also_Or give one of thes tire manufactors a call to see if they have plans for a 240/50/17. Just a thought. later Swole

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Talked to the guy about widening the rim, he called me back told me he was talking to the people from Patrick Racing about theHarley cheating and how mad the were about it. He is familiar with the Warrior threw Patricks.He says he widened some rims forYamaha that were sent to Japan. He can widen the rim and make it accept an 18" tire for under $500.00 Was asking if it should be widend symitrcly? or what type of offset to line things up. Will have to do a little checking things out. $500.00 is a lot of money but if you want to do this one 500.00 rim job versis 2 expensive rims and how about matching rotor$$$$. I could get the 2 rims chromed for 550.00 Either way you look at it its expensive. I still want to here how it handles. CHOPTOP

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the look of the BIG tire, just not that swingarm. I bet someone will have a modified stock one soon and that would be pretty trick.

As far as handling, if it turned out it helped, via giving us even more ground clearance at full tilt that might be reason enough to look into that mod.

I have noticed here in the land of the rain grooved road (California) that my bike will track funny over uneven pavement I would be worried and even wider rear tire would "enhance" that trait. I have to admit though, if Yamaha offered this 250 rear as an accessory on the stock swingarm, I'd be all over it. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Guys keep in mind that the big tires cost you big time in the HP department. WE've dynoed before and after conversions and have seen anywhere between a 10 to 15 hp loss at the back tire with the big ones. It costs pretty good money just to make 10 hp extra, I can't imagine paying money to loose hp. Come on now guys, next thing you know you will be buying leater jackets with the fringie things on the sleeves and putting ape hangers on yor Warriors.

·
Registered
174 Posts
rob,how does a tire thats wider but no taller or shorter affect the net horsey numbers?I understand height determines final ratio ,but width?or is it the weight?I'm tickled to have the 200 section
much less any bigger.

·
Registered
121 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Rob Hughes

Come on now guys, next thing you know you will be buying leater jackets with the fringie things on the sleeves and putting ape hangers on yor Warriors.

LMAO, Good one Rob.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by starwarrior

rob,how does a tire thats wider but no taller or shorter affect the net horsey numbers?I understand height determines final ratio ,but width?or is it the weight?I'm tickled to have the 200 section
much less any bigger.
both, it has more rotating mass! and on a bike that means a lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts