RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, hate to really even write this, but I have stumbled onto the decision that I am going to list my bike for sale.

I have thoroughly loved the time spent with everyone I have gotten to meet over the years (member since '02 - I think) and the information that I have been able to use off the site. The friendships are more important than the information, so I appreciate everyones friendship.

My son just turned 14 this past Saturday, and we spent the entire weekend on the Kissimmee River jet skiing - logged over 110miles onthe skisover 2 days, and being able to watch him on a ski next to me running through the twisties at 50 mph was amazing. So, I have decided that I have too many 'toys in the attic' that are just simply collecting dust. I have logged LESS THAN 100 MILES in the last year. How F%$#ING sad is THAT??? My parents moved in with me last August because of health issues, and I simply parked the bike and couldn't get back onto it again with any type of consistancy. Now, with both kids in sports (Fridays and Saturdays) and my son hitting the legal age to operate PWC's in Florida, it's a question of TIME, not money.....well, money indirectly, as I can't afford to buy more stuff without shedding off some of the 'stuff' I already have....but since the bike is paid for, it doesn't COST me anything to keep - just prevents me from getting something I can REALLY use with my son.

So, with much ( and I REALLY mean much ) regret, I am going to be listing my bike on the site, as well as CraigsList (South Florida) and eBay. If there are takers or buyers, I will even go so far as to personally deliver the bike to Biketoberfest and 'hand her off' if I happen to sell it by then.

I have been off the bike for the past year, and off the site (for the most part) for much longer - just no time - so I am not necessarily 'up' on what they are going for these days with all the customization I have on mine....so if you see the bike, and feel confident that it is priced incorrectly (too high or...heaven forbid, too low) I would WELCOME feedback. I am not looking to break someones bank to buy the bike, but also don't want to GIVE it away - a lot of money is in these bikes, and I understand that customizing is an individuals choice and you can't really expect to get your money back out. Will include an image or two so people know the bike. Would love any PM's with comments.

Thanks again to EVERYONE - Churchkey, Shawn (JPWarrior), Ed (Darkstar), Amos, Venom, Whaler, Mak, RDWarrior, Overdrive, mappieclad, WarriorDave (calendar guru), RRUFAST, Vector, Markos, gees, so many names.

I will be checking back in frequently as I nail this down, and thanks guys.

Paul

·
Registered
345 Posts
Why don't you keep it for him untill he learns to ride.

That is such a beautiful bike, I am sure he will love to ride it as well. Probably before you even know it.

Plus he will learn later that his dad built and rode this bike and now he inheirited it.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Thats a beatiful bike to give up for a PWC.PWCs are many times a fad thing and you might be lucky if it lasts 2 years before it starts to sit too..(just my experience)

Good luck with whatever you do, When you list it, let them know it was WOM at one time, I think around11-12k is a good starting point.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Its funny you say that Jon. I had a SeaDoo for 1 season. At the beginning of the next season, it was stolen. Honestly I didn't miss it and I lost about $700 after insurance due to the deal I got. (MINUS: vests, additives, and all the nick nacks)

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
You can list for free on ebay motors now and if the item sells you pay $125.00 if it doesn't you just relist for free again..

Good luck dude you have been a great member..

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Enjoy the time with your kids Paul. It will only happen once in your life time and before you know it they will be all grown up and living their own lives. Your a smart man who has his priorities straight. Keep in touch my friend.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
The kids will always need SOMETHING. Pickle the motor, put it on a bike lift in a bike bag & leave it sit until life gives you back some time.

I sold my Dunstall because I was riding something else & didn't use it or need it. Bad decision.

Sold my 89 Vette vert because it was just sitting there & I was not using it. Another bad decision.

But thats me talking & its your decision.

Thanks again for managing the make a wish deal we did back whenever.

All the best Paul.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Sorry to see you go...have always admired your ride. But kids grow up fast and time goes faster...You do what you need to do and enjoy the journey...

Peace!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
mothball it for a couple of years and pull it out again when he is 16 or 17. A whole new adventure for you two. if its not areal money issue. just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THANKS guys, honestly, I appreciate it.

And I understand the "put it on moth balls" or "put it on a rack" ideas. When I say it's 'not a money issue' I don't mean to say that I am loaded and don't care about the money....It's not costing me anything to keep it, but to do the things I want to start doing with my kids, I have to free up some 'capital'. That is really what this is about. I can't have them all.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I understand completly, Ive been contimplating the same thing myself. Take care bro and do what youve gotta do. Our children and our little time are precious.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I've always loved the paintjob you've got!

Hope things go well for you! Hopefully you can check in from time to time.Eventually, it may be time for another Warrior or perhaps a Raider. We'll keep you up to date for when that time comes!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Sorry to see you sell, but I can surely understand your reasons. But just because you won't have a bike doesn't mean you can't still hang out around here. Take it easy and enjoy your time with your kids. Later bro.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts