RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
odd it was showing signs of a shortening life... had the optimate on it a couple of times and got the 2 green lights, but it's been 2 weeks in-between rides recently....this morning i got the 2 green lights but 2 hours later it zonked out and just reset the clock.... no chance of it wanting to turn the engine... odd?... hope its not just the battery

meanwhile im wanting to buy the shorai lithium and charger together here in the uk ...any info greatly received :D

·
Administrator
28,580 Posts
That sucks big time, did you check for cable tightness and/or corrosion at the posts or at the NEG connection to the frame near the oil filler cap? Also, did you leave it on the charger awhile and then try to start it (if it starts then its the battery)?

Shorai in UK:> SHORAI POWERSPORT LiFEPO4 BATTERIES - CARROT CYCLES

There are tonnes of places showing in a UK search!

I got this set: Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 (March 2014) and Shorai SHO-BMS01 Charger.

I believe there is one other Shorai with a similar part number that also fits, its physically smaller and I think might have slightly less power but some have used it (I presume successfully). IMO no need for the extension cable if you buy the charger.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers prof.... that's the info i needed too get me going ...the boys are over tomorrow so we will have a look for loose connections [just in case] between main meal and christmas pud lol

brilliant response prof actually :)

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Tomba,

I sent you the information on the Carrot a while ago
you must stop deleting your emails haha

the price has gone up but they are good batteries

DON'T BUY ONE

your bike will be the same weight as mine so I cannot go faster than you hehe

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this story gets more odd... so yes ...thank you... caught carrot at £173 and then found it on amazon prime and pressed buy for both parts the battery nearer 100 ..only to be told it couldn't be sent from the usa ..tried the charger alone and same answer... so looked again went onto ebay someone [power someone?] selling the battery only for nearer the 100+

wanted to check the customs info and found i'd pressed buy on the one click system [late night.. never do this stuff late at night]... tried to cancel it.. but ebay said two minutes later, too late!?...and i'd sent the company an email saying i'd like to cancel as i believed it would not be allowed into the uk from america ...their reply was ...no it's fine we have sent many of them to the uk without a problem... so it arrives beginning of january ... has this worked for me ?...we will see...

still need to find the charger ...might just use carrot for that one or just borrow wizzy's one for a long time lol

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes i agree thank you...think i'll order that now ..at least i'll have the charger for when /if the battery arrives lol

that battery number is LFX 18A1 - BS12 also listed for ducati's

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
still need to find the charger ...might just use carrot for that one or just borrow wizzy's one for a long time lol

I will have to keep it locked away so when you visit it's still there when you leave haha

Tom you already know that buying anything from Amazon/ebay/whoever from the US and shipping direct is a nightmare

I bought my dry breaks from a company and thought what a bargain. I paid more in VAT and import duties than they cost :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

still nice to see you're funding the government they may even reduce my tax bill this year hehe

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got mine from M&P, £150 for the battery and £80 for the charger.

brilliant ..thanks nick... so ebay refunded me and i am back to not funding wizzy nor stealing ..opps borrowing his charger.. i'll get onto them now

just back from bollington ... Christmas visiting :D

merry christmas to all and one - tom

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
thanks guys .... merry christmas right back

so i'll press the button in the new year when back from Seville break

i mentioned to prof i was also thinking on the warranty.. should i have an issue ...price of the battery has gone up £23 here to around 173

and to give credit where i received credit [money back :)] ...the ebay company was motorcycleParts2u in the USA

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just to top and tail ...i have the shorai fitted and used the charger to top it up before fitting...if it was 70% charged then that charger is awesome fast ...20 mins max to top up...i didn't leave the charge lead in place ...it's real damp here right now ..and the extended charger connection lead that clips into the battery looks more like a weak usb pc fitting !!?

fitting is still a pain ...it's light yes... but really don't forget to put the original carry loop strap round the shorai... still a nightmare to lift out if you drop a connection bolt ...don't ask!

i put one of the fat foam spacers supplied under the shorai and it's still quite low and awkward to get to the terminals ..... but i'm upgrading my power feeds above it so only one extra terminal to the battery itself to run it all very soon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts